[Policy] "Classic" Posts

joel
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

[Policy] "Classic" Posts

Post by joel »

There has been some discussion that idle chit/chat by some and Murli points/proselytizing by others (you know who you are!) have an effect of "bulking up" the web site, so that good juicy bits (by such sensitive perceptive authors as ... uhm myself) are obscured to new readers. This is not the first time in the history of the Internet for such issues to arise. Some call it the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio, a term originating in electronics.

On ex-BK Chat this was addressed by restricting posting access, and by have a section called 'Classic Posts'. I don't much care for the word 'classic' in this context, but would like to acknowledge the value of have a section of selected posts. Although this is a job for someone (perhaps we should consider it a 'service' opportunity) it will take the pressure off the list administrator to attempt to corral authors' behavior toward more presentable forms. Perhaps this would allow membership privileges to be re-extended to allegedly chattier authors.

As a first nomination for 'selected' posts, I would like to suggests Proy's series Excuses and Dismal with the introductory texts.

Regards,

Joel
john
Reforming BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by john »

I have to agree that proselytizing doesn't seem apt on this forum. Idle chit/chat I can cope with as some funny stuff comes out. Though some important questions are left unanswered in the winding weaving threads.

So, yes, let's have a classic posts section!
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Post by admin »

John wrote:So yes let's have a classic posts section!
A " Classic Posts section " is a fine idea and will help define the forum and site. Do you have a better title?

A feature has been built into the " News and Articles " section of the site to house these and older ones.

Submissions of articles welcome.