Charlie Hogg and BKWSU on Childcare

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Charlie Hogg and BKWSU on Childcare

Post by fluffy bunny »

BK Charlie Hogg interviewed January 17th, 2006:

There was an article on the internet which seems to have been pulled recently regarding the instructions the BKWSU give families, since eromain's work. I also heard that out in some more remote service zones, sisters are still telling mothers to "be detached" etc.
  • • What is the actual BKWSU policy on this?
    • How is this actually taught beyond the holy buzzword "be detached?"
    • How do they explain to newcomers what this means?
Charlie Hogg wrote:Hogg says that the less influenced you are by people, the more you can help them. “Even when a mother has a desperately sick child, a nurse is better to look after the child because the nurse is loving but the nurse is not so caught up in the worry. It’s a blessing in life when you don’t feel so influenced and so sensitive."
One of the issues this flags up is that the BKWSU HAS policy but that it has not, or willfully does not, put it down clearly in writing so that individuals can see it.

If the same instructions / Shrimat keeps coming up in nation and nation, decade after decade ... where is the thread? At the very least, it is coming through the senior sisters. We have no idea what went on in Om Mandali. My feeling is that it was relatively liberal and healthy. We have no idea how the current practise evolved.
  • • It is too much to suggest that perhaps the virgin crones have issues about children and motherhood?
    • And what experience, professional training or data do they have to support their point of view and instructions?
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

They have no data, essentially all their policies are still steeped in and based on interpretation of the Sakar Murlis. This appears to be more and more the basis of their problems.
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

Re: Charlie Hogg and BKWSU on Childcare

Post by proy »

ex-l wrote:BK Charlie Hogg interviewed January 17th, 2006:

There was an article on the internet which seems to have been pulled recently regarding the instructions the BKWSU give families, since eromain's work. I also heard that out in some more remote service zones, Sisters are still telling mothers to "be detached" etc.
• What is the actual BKWSU policy on this?
• How is this actually taught beyond the holy buzzword "be detached?"
• How do they explain to newcomers what this means?
Not just in remote zones, unless the UK is remote or the Baltic states are remote. When I was a newcomer I picked it up by being fed repeated phrases about detachment from one's children, and being praised if I seemed detached from my own loved ones.

Then of course there was the very strong teaching in the 7 day course that attachment is a vice along with lust, greed, anger, etc. (I am sure there were 5 of them, and they were meant to bring terrible punishment. Some said 6 and included laziness). This doctrine that attachment is a vice and to be rooted out was taught to me on the first day of the 7 day course.
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

ego

Post by proy »

I just remembered. The other "vice" I was taught was ego. Of course I don't have one now so that is why I forgot.
:P
john
Reforming BK

Re: ego

Post by john »

proy wrote:I just remembered. The other "vice" I was taught was ego. Of course I don't have one now so that is why I forgot.
:P
Haha yes, I forgot that one.