The "Sikh assassin" and Om Mandli.

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

The "Sikh assassin" and Om Mandli.

Post by fluffy bunny »

In the fantasy version of BK history called Adi Dev, there is a story about a Sikh who allegedly came to kill Lekhraj Kirpalani.

Looking at the old newspaper cuttings Brahma Kumaris Research have compiled, there is a reference which appears to be related to this.

Given the dates, I suspect it refers to the Shiromani Akali Dal. The Akali Sikhs were aligned with the Indian Independence movement which Lekhraj Kirpalani opposed and saw as traitors. As a political party, not bandits, they sought to protect the political rights of the Sikhs.

Can anyone tell me if this is the same even and if Jagdish Chander has just exaggerated it again (as usual)?
Threat to Founder of Om Mandli

Visit of Akali Sikh

Karachi, September 7

The affairs of Om Mandli have taken a grave turn. Picketing is not the only form of agitation against the movement. Om Radhe, the chief disciple of Dada Lekhraj, the founder of Om Mandli, has reported to the police that an Akali Sikh visited Om Nivas yesterday and after he was shown around and was leaving, the Akali Sikh, according to her, held out threats that in case the movement was not stopped and Dada Lekhraj did not suspend his activities, the would be doing so at the risk of his own life. The police have made special arrangements at Om Nivas.

- Associated Press.
Avali_Sikh_Brahma_Kumaris.jpg
Avali_Sikh_Brahma_Kumaris.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 7582 times
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: The "Sikh assassin" and Om Mandli.

Post by arjun »

But as far as I remember the BK literature speaks about a Sikh having come with a sword to kill Brahma Baba and on seeing him he had visions of Guru Nanak and he surrendered his weapon and sought pardon. But the above newspaper report says something else. It says that a Sikh was taken for a show-round and then he left after threatening them and Om Radhey Mama complained to the police. Both versions are at variance.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

My guess is it's another one of Jagdish Chander's inventions, inspired by stories of events he never saw, told to him by people who were only children at the time and probably never saw it happen either, and mixed up with other traditional saintly stories.

I'd gamble on this is being the same event.

It seems to be part of drama that all the Brahma Kumaris fabrications are being exposed one by one so that we can gain a clearer picture of Lekhraj Kirpalani and the inner circles events.

I don't know if you have had time to look over all the old newspapers linked to. It's a very big download of 100 MB of slow loading files and, to be honest, there's not a lot of new information in them.

There's also mention of the bus crash when Om Radhe was driving, when one girl lost her arm and 24 were injured, so we can date that now. It's a bit like archeology ... piecing together a hidden and ancient past piece by piece.

What is clear though is that Om Mandli was banned in 1939, most left to go back to Hyderabad, and then in 1940s even Lekhraj Kirpalani's bungalow in Karachi was requisitioned.

This, again, is at variance with the version I remember in Adi Dev and recent publicity. What happened during that period?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:I don't know if you have had time to look over all the old newspapers linked to.
Are these on the www.brahmakumaris.info site?