Janki Foundation is not a front organisation

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: Janki Foundation is not a front organisation

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:No, its not a front ... it is a court for BK royalty!
Baba says those who enjoy kingship in the Confluence Age do not become kings in the broad drama (i.e. rest of the 5000 years old drama). During the Confluence Age, when the Father declares Himself to be an obedient servant how can we become/act like kings, even if it for the satisfaction of the subjects?

If the BKs want to glorify their Confluence-Aged self-appointed kings against the directions given in the Murlis, they can do it within the confines of their centers, but giving publicity to their royalty will only create a doubt in the minds of outsiders whether BKWSU is any different from the path of worship?

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by bansy »

C'mon folks, there's no need to be so serious here. You know they are just plastic tiaras. We had a bunch of them at a Xmas party at the kindergarden.

Anyway, such crowns don't fit on my head, it is not that big, it's just that my halo gets in the way : :biggrin:
alladin
Friends and family of

parade of Miss MadhuBan

Post by alladin »

Thank you ex-l for such an eloquent photo which describes in short what the BKWSO is all about and what you can expect from them. When I showed it to my lokiks, they commented " It's like Miss Universe!" :wink:

Joel, I enjoyed reading your post and especially these lines:
Joel wrote:The Dadis wearing crowns, briefly, ceremonially, an act of love by the members of her spiritual family, with milennariast view of destruction and rebirth. The beliefs of imminent world destruction and eternal reward create a sense of anxiety that can be hijacked to manipulate financial decisions, or to disconnect a person's feelings from their actions, justifying the unjustifiable.
I am still, sometimes amazed. For new comers like JeanRoss, let me explain that the kindergarden play, Carnival costumes, are very common in this organization, and members have to attend celebrations where such masquerades occur. Many of us expect such occasions to be more "meditation oriented, " but often they turn into what some of us consider a "tacky nonsense" that is just embarassing :oops: and a distraction from the Yoga practise. In reality, there's a good percentage of BKs who feel very bored an uneasy, when at the end of the live meeting with the official Spook Bap-Dada, channelled exclusively at the official premises Madhuban, the SS and appointed BKs climb on the previously heavily decorated stage for personal meetings and darshan of the Spook that has also been spoonfed by the top, top ranks.

These scenes often cause, as I said, a lot of discomfort, stirring and doubts in westerners especially and they are in total contradiction with the core teachings of Raja Yoga themselves, such as; no pictures or worship of human gurus, no frills, no privileges and introversion rather than extroversion, silence, no ostentation, simplicity, no more Bhakti rituals. Witnessing what goes on and not allowing our trust to shake is a big test, rather than an empowering experience. If you survive that ...

Better for me to forget and re-emerge instead experiences of absolute opposite nature, such as blissful silence enjoyed in some meditation room. Maybe my understanding of the aims and systems of the corporate world, including a those of multinational company like the BKWSO, is very limited. But really I do not' know how they can conciliate so many different façades. I think it must be difficult to advertise a product (which could be an illusion, BTW!) with many volunteers as salesmen but to a very varied market. One needs to be a skillful and ruthless juggler, in order to succeed.

Who are the target clients? These aspects and events possibly want to appeal to the Indian Bhakti customers, with the risk of scaring away loads of other potential customers and it is not always and totally possible to cover up and hide this kind of offer. Meanwhile totally different products are being shown elsewhere to different audiences. It's like a mixture, a big shopping mall, where you can find hamburger and sprouts, junk food and organic products side by side, sold by the same owner!!

It sounds schizophrenic to me, not holy, not wholesome and with no integrity or consistence. :roll: It's like political transformism. Maybe I am judgemental and not flexible enough and this is why I cannot appreciate it, and unfortunately I do not even find it funny. :cry:
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Re: parade of Miss Madhuban

Post by joel »

alladin wrote: For new comers like JeanRoss, let me explain that the kindergarden play, Carnival costumes, are very common in this organization, and members have to attend celebrations where such masquerades occur. Many of us expect such occasions to be more "meditation oriented, " but often they turn into what some of us consider a "tacky nonsense" that is just embarassing :oops: and a distraction from the Yoga practise....These scenes often cause, as I said, a lot of discomfort, stirring and doubts, in westerners especially, and they are in total contradiction with the core teachings of Raja Yoga themselves, such as : no pictures or worship of human gurus, no frills, no privileges, introversion, rather than extroversion, silence, no ostentation, simplicity, no more Bhakti rituals.
Hi Alladin,

Good description. The usual explanation is that God has to satisfy all his children, including those who enjoy costume play. This is family, they say, where there is fun for all members, not just silence and introspection for the renunciates. Speaking personally, I felt like an outsider in those games, not adoring the Dadis. Indian sisters joked about those who disliked this kind of play as hatha-yogis, not able to handle being in the gathering.

The hospital itself is a real concern, treating people in the community. Some BKs saw the hospital as a way to boost the organization's reputation. For those on the ground, the doctors, nurses, etc., the hospital is a place for genuine social service. I don't have a problem with that co-existing with a renunciate religious group that believes in forthcoming world destruction. A hospital in an undeveloped area certainly needs assistance from abroad to offer a high level of care. There needs to be tax breaks, etc. to be able to ship over equipment so that having a Janki Foundation serve for that is not surprising. Neither is it surprising that the BKs would want to show the speakers at their events having other affiliations than with an esoteric religious group.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Janki Foundation moves to outright paid for seminars at the number million pound BKWSU Retreat Center in Worthing, Sussex, England.
Compassionate Care - The Janki Foundation for Global Health Care

13th September, the Worthing Postgraduate Centre, 9.30am - 4pm. This study day for healthcare professionals is run mainly as a facilitated workshop based on a module used in the training programme 'Values in healthcare - a spiritual approach'. The aim is to give an insight into the skills needed to become more compassionate while avoiding compassion fatigue.

The day will be led by Dr Craig Brown, and other experienced facilitators. It is open to all clinical staff working at Worthing Hospital or in primary care, and community health locally.

Cost: £25. For more information or to book a place contact Craig Brown - Tel: 01903 774 735 or e-mail: [email protected]
Elsewhere, the BKWSU continues to list itself as partners to ... well, itself really.
BKWSU wrote:Janki Foundation Partners:

Global Hospital and Research Centre, Mt Abu, India
Point of Life Foundation (POL), USA
Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
Dr. Craig Brown, MB. ChB, MRCGP wrote:We are moving into an environment of increasing spiritual awareness. Spirituality and values need to be integrated into the healthcare system
warrior
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: Media
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: There is no Religion Higher than -- Truth.

Post by warrior »

primal.logic wrote:As it is not a BK hospital, but the BKs are dependent on it, funding and support needs to come from outside the BKs. Enter the Janki Foundation - whose brief is to support "Global Hospital." (or should be call it by its legal name - the "J. Wattumal Memorial Hospital"?)
I like the door i think if you go tru that door I will enter paradise ...
I like the door i think if you go tru that door I will enter paradise ...
jaycdp
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I wish to participate on this forum again

Post by jaycdp »

Baba says those who enjoy kingship in the Confluence Age do not become kings in the broad drama (i.e. rest of the 5000 years old drama). During the Confluence Age, when the Father declares Himself to be an obedient servant how can we become/act like kings, even if it is for the satisfaction of the subjects?

Hey Arjun, have you realized that our current Indian President is affiliated with Brahma Kumaris? Smt. Prathibha Patel, who was also from Brahma Kumaris, held the same position before. Does the statement, "India is now ruled by Ravan Raj", imply governance by a combination of bureaucrats, political parties, or exclusively political parties? It seems plausible to accuse that enormous amounts of money have been given to political parties, likely with intentions of gaining control over the police and bureaucratic systems during major crises or civil unrest.

Thanks,
Jay
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Jaycdp,

It is true that the current President of India is a Brahmakumari, but she has to perform all the official duties as per the Constitution of India or as per the advice of the Prime Minister of India. She cannot apply BK theories in government functioning. She can practice her personal religious beliefs in her personal life, but she cannot apply the same to others as per the Constitution of India.

Ravan Rajya means governance by people who are under the control of vices. So, from BK/PBK point of view there is Ravan Rajya all over the world, not just in India.
jaycdp
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I wish to participate on this forum again

Post by jaycdp »

Dear Arjun,
Thank you.
Jay