Sister Jayanti on how 1976 came about

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Sister Jayanti on how 1976 came about

Post by fluffy bunny »

I missed this but, apparently, this is how heir apparent to the Kirpalani Klan, Jayanti Kripalani, believes the 1976 date came about ... I am not sure believe her but it contains some interesting insights.

It is not completely true as old Murlis certainly contain reference to it, and it repeats the usual BK tactic of blaming a follower for their misunderstanding.
Jayanti Kripalani on how the year of 1976 came to be printed on posters.

Before Mama left the body, it must have been in 1962 or 1963, the BKs had been able to purchase land in Rajourie Gardens in Delhi. When we purchased that land, we did not have any further funds to be able to build anything on it. (Today quite a large house has been built on this land and it is a BK Raja Yoga Centre).

The property was in Mama’s name. When India had one of its wars in the early ’60s, the land, being vacant, was requisitioned by the government, as were other places where troops could be accommodated; like schools, hospitals etc. In 1965, Before the land could be returned, Mama left the body.

There was no will that had been made for Mama. I can imagine while Mama was going through her period of illness nobody thought about getting Mama to sign any papers, or do another will, or anything of that nature. So when the government returned other property to their owners and the BKs applied to the government to get back the property of Rajourie Garden, the government turned around and said that as the owner had died and there was no will, this land now belonged to the government by default. And no matter how much effort was made, lawyers were not able to get the land back.

In 1966 Brahma Baba made a statement saying to tell the government that “if they give us back our land then we will establish Ram Rajya, the kingdom of heaven, in 10 years.” The government did not give us back that land, until way after, in the late 70s at some point. In 1966 neither was the land given back, nor was Ram Raj established.

Someone close to Baba, I do not even know who, took up that statement and interpreted it as destruction happening in 1976, 10 years from the date that Baba had spoken, and this date was then printed below the image of Lakshmi and Narayan on a poster, which said:– “Corruption, irreligiousness, unrighteousness, vices, insolvency and suffering will come to an end in Bharat within 9 years and Golden Aged Deity-world Sovereignty of Shri Lakshmi and Shri Narayana will come to be re-established soon after the forth-coming huge world destruction in 1976.”

I met Mama in childhood and when I was a teenager. When I then started studying with the BKs in 1968 I also thought that destruction would happen in 1976. And when the centre started in London in 1971, I still carried that thought with me. In 1976 I remember speaking to a very new student at the centre in London, and she later became one of the main teachers in the USA. I said to her, “you know it is time to make up your mind about what it is you want to do because we have only got a year.” So that was what my own deep feeling and commitment was. I was not aware of the story connected to the land until much later. However, no Murli has ever given a date, but now that we have been revising the Murlis over the past years, it struck me that the Murlis of 1975 were a preparation, not for us to think that destruction was coming but to focus more on our inner transformation. Baba actually posed that as a question – what if you are challenged? Baba was strengthening our faith and the work we had to do for inner transformation.

Just recently we had the revision of the Murli of 18 January 1977, in which the year 1976 had come and gone and I was still very much with Baba and for me it became clear that neither was I ready (I had not done the work that I needed to do on myself) but also nor had Baba’s message yet reached the world. We had reached very, very few countries by the end of 1976 and so throughout the whole of 1976, it was not so much in my awareness that destruction was going to happen, but rather I was seeing what more I needed to do and what more service needed to happen.

In this Murli of 18 January 1977, Baba asks the question: “Is it that you were remaining pure because of destruction? ... Those whose real aim is purity have no connection with the date of destruction.” It was like a reminder of how Baba had talked to us about the whole story and it was all very fresh. Another thing that Baba commented on very strongly in this Murli of 18 January 1977, was “ When others ask you why destruction has not yet taken place, just tell them: Because of you, destruction has not taken place. Together with the Father, all of us are world benefactors. In bringing benefit to the world, we still have to bring benefit to souls like ourselves. Therefore, we still have a chance. ... With intoxication tell them that there is benefit merged in these words.” ... “Because of destruction, do not allow yourself to come into upheaval. Your upheaval would create upheaval for those who are not following the path of knowledge. You should remain unshakeable. Speak with that sparkle of intoxication and without fear. ... Have faith in the intellect and do not become one who has an intellect full of doubts even in the form of thoughts. ... Maintain this faith and intoxication.”

So when we deeply understand this, and our faith in Baba and Drama is absolutely firm, then others will understand destruction in the wider context of events and they will not challenge just a date. But also when things are in the right alignment then the transition will happen automatically. This is my understanding of that particular situation.

The posters that have been uncovered in the British Museum and the Oxford University Library indicate that something imminent was to happen, but I was not aware that the date of “1950″ had been mentioned. However, in that I think that it talks about the forthcoming world war, which is going to be the final of all world wars. And of course, the Second World War came and went. The partition of India and Pakistan happened and I think that this has been an interpretation of this particular episode. I think the posters are dated ’42, ’43, so that would have been in the middle of the war that was happening at that time. I do not have any further information about this. I do not ever remember hearing of the date of 1950. But rather, 1950 is interesting because after the India/Pakistan partition war, all the Hindus fled including my family; my parents, my grandparents, and the extended family of uncles and so on. They all moved to India and they left Pakistan as refugees with nothing. Baba and the Om Mandali carried on staying in Karachi and many of the families who had had their wives and daughters surrender were trying to persuade them to move and it did not happen. Baba told them that they would be protected by Yoga power. The local government continued to help and support them, sending vegetables and so on and things just carried on quietly. When it was time, Shiv Baba’s instructions came to Brahma Baba that it was time to move. The move to India actually happened in May 1950 and that period of a few years of staying in Pakistan is an incredible testimony to the power of faith of that small group and the power of purity and the power of Yoga that protected them because all around them were rivers of blood but they managed to stay very safe and finally moved to India with the support of the government and help of the local authorities.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: Sister Jayanti on how 1976 came about

Post by arjun »

jayanti kriplani wrote:In 1966 Brahma Baba made a statement saying to tell the government that “if they give us back our land then we will establish Ram Rajya, the kingdom of heaven, in 10 years.” The government did not give us back that land, until way after, in the late 70s at some point. In 1966 neither was the land given back, nor was Ram Raj established.

Someone close to Baba, I do not even know who, took up that statement and interpreted it as destruction happening in 1976, 10 years from the date that Baba had spoken, and this date was then printed below the image of Lakshmi and Narayan on a poster, which said:– “Corruption, irreligiousness, unrighteousness, vices, insolvency and suffering will come to an end in Bharat within 9 years and Golden Aged Deity-world Sovereignty of Shri Lakshmi and Shri Narayana will come to be re-established soon after the forth-coming huge world destruction in 1976.”
This is a clear attempt to cover up their lapses and the failure to explain the destruction not happening in 1976. Had this date been only an misinterpretation of an ordinary BK this year would not have been mentioned in several Sakar Murlis narrated prior to 1969 and also in some of the Avyakt Vanis narrated from 1969 to 1976. This was clearly an announcement by God Father Shiv Himself but was interpreted in a limited sense (to mean physical destruction) while it was meant to happen in an unlimited sense (destruction of demoniac elements from the Yagya).
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

I was listening to discussion 1441 where it was mentioned that the explanation about 76 came two years before. It means it did not come after 76 when it had become evident that destruction of the outside world did not happened and some explanation was needed, but two years before there use to be propaganda that it is not a matter of the destruction of the outside world, but within the brahmin family.

Yes, there are many references in the Murlis, however it seem this one fits the explanation about the house.

"In 10 years, we will establish deity sovereignty here. If we don't do that, you can take all these house etc. One should argue, is not it? Tell that no one else can say like this, that if in 10 years we don't do that task, the house is yours. Even though you give this in writing, they don't understand. No one can give in writing like this."
http://www.Murli.info/1967-2/Murlis-jul ... july-1967/

Other references speak about the Sangamyug being 40 years that seems to be part of the knowledge and not related to the house. Becoming complete, establishment of the new world, end of study and destruction has been mentioned to be interconnected in the Murlis.

The 40 years are mentioned in the very beginning of this audio:
http://bkdrluhar.com/88-Brahma%20Baba/1 ... 8-9-68.mp3
http://www.Murli.info/1968-2/september- ... 968-Murli/

It says...Confluence Age is very small. From 40 years 8 are left.

also here

second page:
http://www.Murli.info/1968-2/july-1968/ ... ght-class/

Translation of this: "Brahma's age is said to be 100 years. Father entered in 60 years. Remaining is 40, out of which how much time you have been doing purusharth. 42 years. Therefore 8 years are now remaining. Time is accurate, only 8 years are remaining."

Other references speak directly about destruction:

...8 varsh koi badi baat thode hi hai. sare duniya khatm ho jani hai. [mu. 13.9.68 ratri class, page no.1 and in the below audio @3 mins ]

...8 years are hardly a big thing. the whole world is to be finished.

http://bkdrluhar.com/88-Brahma%20Baba/1 ... 3-9-68.mp3

...tum kehte ho 9 varsh baad vinash hoga. (mu.24.11.67) @32mins...

...you say destruction will be there after 9 years... (later it is spoken about missiles etc.)

http://bkdrluhar.com/88-Brahma%20Baba/1 ... -11-67.mp3
http://www.Murli.info/1967-2/november-1 ... mber-1967/
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Sister Sita, thanks for quoting the relevant Murlis and the links.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Strikes me her reference to the move from Pakistan is a big distraction from other more obvious issues it brings up.

But she is clear in her denial of any knowledge of the earlier End of the World predictions which means Janki and the others must have kept them from her.

If you believe what she is saying.

I could believe Janki did keep it from her in her early days but would be surprised if she did not speak about it later as her trust in Jayanti, or Jayanti enculturation into the BKs grew. If not, it illuminates a surprise element in their close relationship.

What's interesting is that the BKs jump on her words repeating the denial that it was ever mentioned in the Murlis ... without checking the Murlis themselves.

Of course, they have got original copies and they're not allowed to read them so much goes into protecting the status of the senior Kirpalani Klan within the BKWSU.
Roy
Affinity to the BKWSU: questioning BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

arjun wrote:Sister Sita, thanks for quoting the relevant Murlis and the links.
Yes, many thanks Sita Bhai, and also to fluffy Bhai for posting this interesting topic.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

I am always surprised ... or rather, let's say, entertained ... that even after more than 45 years of intense efforts, a direct channel to BapDada through trance, and nearly 24 hour connection to the highest minds within the BKWSU ... an individual such as Jayanti Kirpalani is able *not* to be completely honest, or have a near perfect understanding of the Knowledge.

It makes me wonder what she is doing with her time, or suggests she lacks an accurate connection to the truth.

In my time, and latterly since numerous parties have started to challenge the BKWSU, Jayanti's position has always been never to question Janki Kirpalani and "show respect" to the Seniors. The easiest way to interpret that is just that she realises it is in her best interest "not to rock the boat" and that if she does not, one day she might inherit a large part of the family business.

One has to wonder if the early documents and other truths that are being revealed are challenging her unquestioning faith?

I've heard she responds negatively/aggressively to any discussion of the Advance Knowledge, despite it seeping into the BK mainstream world.
Roy
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

Interesting points!
warrior
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: Media
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: There is no Religion Higher than -- Truth.

Post by warrior »

When it was time, Shiv Baba’s instructions came to Brahma Baba that it was time to move.
The reasons they moved out were that they couldn't expand in a Muslim country and Lekhraj's fortune was running dry.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Jayanti Kripalani wrote:Jayanti Kripalani on how the year of 1976 came to be printed on posters.

When it was time, Shiv Baba’s instructions came to Brahma Baba that it was time to move. The move to India actually happened in May 1950 and that period of a few years of staying in Pakistan is an incredible testimony to the power of faith of that small group and the power of purity and the power of Yoga that protected them.
Unfortunately, Jayanti's credibility falls through her bottom because there was no mention or awareness of Shiva until after 1955 ... so *retrospectively* she can make a claim like that but at the time it was just Lekhraj Kirpalani saying. They were not having Yoga with Shiva so what was protecting them? Money and class connections is a more likely answer.
The long-lasting inter-communal harmony and absence of large-scale violence made the Sindhi experience of Partition different from that of the Punjabis and Bengalis. “This lack of violence could be attributed to the overarching Sindhi identity which transcended Hindu-Muslim differences, a shared language, script and literature, a deep rooted syncretic tradition with shared pirs and saints and even a similarity in food and dress. Added to this was the economic cement in a feudal society where Hindus were well off, owned land and controlled business...

One or two suggested that if at all Sindhi women experienced sexual violence, it was in the refugee camps where cramped quarters and lack of privacy contributed to such instances. But no one could give eyewitness or any other credible accounts of such instances.

“...the Sindh Hindu Mahasabha's membership consisted of Hindu zamindars who aligned with the Independent Muslim Party, which consisted of the Muslim landed gentry. Religion obviously played no divisive role here as they joined hands to protect their class interest. This was my first insight into upper class, Hindu-Muslim solidarity...”

From: Partition of India: The Case of Sindh Migration, Violence and Peaceful Sindh, by Ahmad Salim
There was one big riot on January 6 1948 but it primarily targeted migrant Sikhs. Interestingly, by July 1948, Sindhi Hindus started returning because they were not welcomed in India, and local Panchayats were predicting 70% to return, although eventually 4/5 had left.

I think the rational answer you have given is more real, Warrior. In addition, I think Jayanti is exaggerating as usual. Sindhi Hindus did not witness any massive scale rioting. The peacefulness of Karachi during Partition was even noted upon. Communal harmony remained between Hindus and Muslims in Sind, the province had inherited a tradition of religious tolerance from the Mirs. Over 2.2 million Sindhi Hindus remain in Pakistan even until today.

Were other factors involved, including the 1950 End of the World prediction? Did they move after it looked like failing, or because they wanted to be on the top of a hill if it were to happen? Do we have a specific month in 1950?

The Indian government also introduced a permit system which set limits on individuals returning to India which may have influenced Lekhraj Kirpalani to make the move. I'll have to study the reality of the situation in Karachi. Between 1940 to 50, it's population had grown, "faster than any other city, any where else in the world, at any time". There was an influx of foreign culture and rising social problems due to refugee immigration, housing crises, and emigration of different groups ...
"Asia's cleanest city' had become an unhygienic disgrace. The streets - washed every day during the British administration - were littered with sitnking rubbish, the streams which once ran with such clear water ... were becoming rancid sewers."

The Pakistani government bemoaned, then slowed, the exodus of low caste Hindu street sweepers and latrine cleaners ... "The attitude of the ruling class appeared to be that huge swathes of the population were second-class citizens".

- From 'Empires of the Indus: The Story of a River' by Alice Albini)
There was also the promise of financial support if they moved out of Pakistan ... from one of Lekhraj Kirpalani female admirers ... which I understand was a bit of a "poisoned chalice", i.e. the idea was to encourage them to move out of Pakistan, and withdraw the funding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz2GCcqOpVU[/video]
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

There is also another reference about 76 made in 66 that 10 years less than 5000 years back Lakshmi and Narayan got birth.
warrior
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: Media
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: There is no Religion Higher than -- Truth.

Post by warrior »

sita wrote:There is also another reference about 76 made in 66 that 10 years less than 5000 years back Lakshmi and Narayan got birth.
what does this means Sita?
sita

Post by sita »

It means 5000 years back from 1966 it will have to be again 1966, but of the previous cycle. 10 years less, because it is backards (if it were 10 years less than 5000 forward it would be 1986 the next cycle) would be 1976, so Lakshmi and Narayan got birth in 1976. For these parts it becomes too late in 1976.

The explanation is that everything first adopts a subtle and later gross form, so this revelation like birth must have happened in a subtle way in the minds of some souls at that time. This year 1976 is also announced by BapDada as the year of the revelation of the Father. You could say that the Father was known there still from before, for many years, why would this year be special with this respect and what it is there special that have taken place then.

As this declaration is also connected with the end of corruption and establishemnt of deitly world sovereignity, we have to have some subtle end of some form of corruption in the subtle mind of some souls at that time and along with that establishment of some deity like, royal like status of Lakshmi and Narayan. As sovereignity is understood in the form of kingdom, in the kingdom we have king and queen. They take birth in 1976.
Roy

Post by Roy »

“When did Lakshmi & Narayan take birth (in the unlimited sense)? Baba had asked so. Ten years less than 5000 years ago(i.e. 1976).” [Mu 06.03.75 - first narrated, in 1966]

"Corruption, Irreligiousness, Unrighteousness, vices, insolvency and sufferings will come to an end in Bharat(Mata-Sita-Lakshmi) within 9 years, and Golden Aged Deity-world-Sovereignty of Shri Lakshmi and Shri Narayana will come to be re-established (on a subtle intellectual level) soon after the forth-coming huge world Destruction (that occurs within Prajapita-Ram, when he leaves the old Iron Aged world behind intellectually, after having the complete realisation of his part as the true Narayan of the Confluence Age, through his churning of the Murlis for 5-6 years, from 1969/70)." (Declaration on the original Lakshmi-Narayan picture - June 1967)."

“This(1976) is a special year that has been publicized as the year of Revelation (of the Father)... It will happen according to the drama (and) this is fine; but someone does become an instrument(murti). Just as there was the part of the establishment (of the Brahmin Religion or race) in the drama (in the beginning); but Brahma(Baba Krishna) became an instrument (in 1947), didn’t he? He displayed courage, came practically, became an instrument, only then did it happen(i.e. before 1947, the Brahmin Religion did not exist, only Om Mandali - there was no BKIVV). Just as Brahma(Baba Krishna) became an instrument in the corporeal form for the establishment... Brahma(Baba Krishna then) became Avyakt (took on a subtle body, in 1969). Now (in 1976), who is the one in the corporeal form to cause the destruction (Shankar aka Prajapita-Ram is known to be the one through whom destruction takes place - i.e. the especially appointed or permanent Chariot of Father Shiv)?” [Av 04.02.76]

"You (true Brahmins) understand that I (Shiv) am establishing the original eternal deity religion through Brahma, and that I inspire the destruction of all religions through Shankar(aka Prajapita-Ram)." [Mu 23.01.03]

"Brahma(Baba Krishna) started the work of establishment through Gyan (up until 1968/9); and Shankar(Prajapita-Ram) will finish it." [Mu 09.03.12]