BK drugging and attempted sex abuse at BK center

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

BK drugging and attempted sex abuse at BK center

Post by fluffy bunny »

The latest news from India concerns me and I wonder if this has happened before ... वीडियो देखें प्रसाद खिलाकर आश्रम में रेप का प्रयास

At a BK center in Aurangabad city, Maharashtra, it is said a woman was offered sweets laced with drugs and after she ate them she fell unconscious. A brother within the center then tried to disrobe and rape her. The case has been reported to police.

The usual reports of the BKWSU trying to block the news by bribing all the news channels and newspapers have also arisen.

I am surprised but it seems to have been confirmed.

In the West, a few people have suggest that at times BKs have put some kind of intoxicant inside their toli, and I have always refused to believe saying that it was untrue. It was a fear based myth they also accused the Hare Krishnas of, more to do with the fear of something foreign. It sounds like a typical rohypnol attack, the date rape drug, because it is colourless, odourless, tasteless and easily dissolved.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: BK drugging and attempted rape at center

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. Neither the news of attempted rape reported by just one news channel nor the reported silencing of media houses by BKWSU is surprising.

Unlike the centers of AIVV, the BK centers are managed by just one or two unmarried surrendered sisters. Each center is independent. So, there is hardly the kind of monitoring system in place to prevent such incidents. In most of the AIVV centers the surrendered PBK sisters are allowed to meet the brothers only in the presence of surrendered and matured PBK mothers. So, there is hardly any chance for the PBK Sister to be influenced by the brothers/strangers or of the PBK sister trying to influence the brother. But in case of BK centers, as the sisters (generally very young ones) stay alone there is every chance of reciprocal influence. And if the monitoring of that center by the next higher center incharge is loose, then there is every chance of such incidents happening. Just as attempts were reportedly made to hush up the incident at Aurangabad center, successful attempts must have been made in case of other incidents as well. May be this is just a tip of the iceberg.

OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:Just as attempts were reportedly made to hush up the incident at Aurangabad center, successful attempts must have been made in case of other incidents as well. May be this is just a tip of the iceberg.
Any ethical or spiritually intent person would not see media censorship as "pure" ... they would see it as corruption.

It is at such difficult times when our true principles are shown but we saw this in the child sex abuse cases as New Delhi and Madhuban ... their first instinct is to cover them up. I suppose it is a cultural value rather than a spiritual one.
Unlike the centers of AIVV, the BK centers are managed by just one or two unmarried surrendered Sisters. Each center is independent.
Are they financially independent too? I wish I knew more about the manner in which the BKWSU has spread their centers across India. I have hard of center sponsors being looked after by surrender sisters but I doubt any center-in-charge would be involved with this.

What happened?

As many so called "centers" are just people's domestic houses, problems are bound to happen. A few years ago there was that terrible case of the sister who set her self on fire to kill herself which they cleaned up afterwards.

In their ambition to expand, and tendency towards quantity rather than quality, they have created a system open to abuse.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Are they financially independent too?
To some extent. I don't think that each and every donation received either in cash or kind is accounted for. Each center is supposed to contribute to the donation box of the next higher center under which it works and to Madhuban (the international Headquarters).

In such situation, the person who contributes more unaccounted money to the local center incharge weilds more influence on the sister(s) living at that center and his mistakes are ignored (both by the sisters of the local center and the sisters of the supervisory center or zonal center). And this is where incidents like Aurangabad take place.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:Each center is supposed to contribute to the donation box of the next higher center under which it works and to Madhuban.
Is this is an formal basis, e.g. 10% or profit, or on an informal, ad hoc basis, e.g. to give when they are asked to give ... and be seen to give (remember all the young kumaris lining up to give their envelopes to the Seniors in public at Mabhuban. It is a ritual of power.

I think BKs have been very lucky to get into a lot of trouble with tax departments.
In such situation, the person who contributes more unaccounted money to the local center incharge weilds more influence on the Sister(s) ... And this is where incidents like Aurangabad take place.
Obviously, we don't hear of many cases like this one but I have heard of cases where the male "sponsor" of the center building is served by the junior sisters of the center who provide food and cleaning services etc.

I suspect that is not according to Shrimat. It is more like a traditional or medieval patronage situation ... one has to wonder how such patronage influences what is taught if, for example, what is to be taught is critical of such individuals.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Is this is an formal basis, e.g. 10% or profit, or on an informal, ad hoc basis, e.g. to give when they are asked to give ... and be seen to give
I don't think it on a formal basis; it is an ad-hoc amount, but the teachers at the lowermost level are always under pressure to come up to the expectations of their higher ups. Besides either that local center or their next higher center or the zonal headquarters or the national headquarters keep on organizing some or the other public programme and the local (ground level) centers are pressurised to contribute certain amount to meet the expenditure of such public programmes. Besides there are the regular trips to Madhuban for Avyakt BapDada meetings with BKs or for conferences, annual auditing of accounts, or for accompanying VIPs for conferences and other meditation programmes. All these takes a heavy toll on the local center incharges who many a times have to pressurise their BK students, willingly or unwillingly to contribute to the finances. Those BKs who are financially sound enough and those BKs who have unflinching faith in ShivBaba stay on despite such demands, but many poor ones gradually stop coming.
Obviously, we don't hear of many cases like this one
I don't say that such incidents happen in all the BK centers, but they might be happening in many centers, but the Seniors try to hush-up the matter by scolding the concerned teacher or by transferring her and if the erring male BK is not so rich, they ban him from visiting that center. But the existence of such preying male BKs has been acknowledged even by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba in original Sakar Murlis as far back as 1960s. Baba says that there are Keechaks (a villanous character from epic Mahabharata who used to trouble Draupadi, the wife of Pandavas) who follow Brahmakumaris with bad intentions.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:... teachers at the lowermost level are always under pressure to come up to the expectations of their higher ups. Besides either that local center or their next higher center or the zonal headquarters or the national headquarters keep on organizing some or the other public programme and the local (ground level) centers are pressurised to contribute certain amount to meet the expenditure of such public programmes. Besides there are the ... etc etc etc.

Those BKs who are financially sound enough and those BKs who have unflinching faith in ShivBaba stay on despite such demands, but many poor ones gradually stop coming.
This is terrible ...

Therefore, it become a religion only for those rich enough to follow it ... or those stupid enough to fuel the Seniors' delusions of grandeur.

In the West, we have had cases were sincere BKs were not supported to start centers but rich whites who do not even follow the full disciplines were asked to start centers. We have also have cases where local center has raised a large amount of sponsorship and then the zone-in-charge flew in to suck it all away. Nothing went to the local center and it collapsed.

The BKWSU should audit itself as to how successful the mega programs truly are. They sound like half way between a big ego trip and a white elephant to me.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Therefore, it become a religion only for those rich enough to follow it ... or those stupid enough to fuel the Seniors' delusions of grandeur.
In spite of all these violations of Shrimat there are thousands of poor and middle class BKs who ignore the mistakes of the teachers and administrators and sincerely try to follow Shrimat to the extent possible. It is through their efforts that the BKWSU keeps expanding.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Re: BK drugging and attempted sex abuse at BK center

Post by fluffy bunny »

It strikes me that the leadership has little faith in their god and is more interested in protecting their own position.

We have discovered that all over the BK world such events happen, and far more "indiscretions" and compromises go on then we ever hear about ... like BKs, even centers-in-charge, having voluntary love affairs and so on ... but they are kept hidden and covered up. Partly, I think this is to protect the myth of the Seniors' superiority and invincibility.

If in an ordinary church, political party or corporation such failure kept on happening, at some point the leaders would called to responsibility for them and made to stand down. No such thing would be allowed to happen in the Kingdom of the BKs. But surely these happenings are a reflection on the leadership. They should be made to live ordinary lives again and support themselves. When growth happens too quickly it usually turns to illness, that is what a cancer is.

The theory is that it is God Shiva who is running the BKWSU, not the BKs ... then they should put that to test and put in place those of pure hearts and minds and return the BK movement to spiritual roots.

In particular, they should make leaving easier so that those with such passions can go out, take a partner and fulfil them without being dragged into mess like these.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the ego of the leadership is reflected by ego in the following who want to remain experiencing the feeling of "superior" and Brahmin at the same time as indulging in their vice or business dealings.