You can now be woken up for Amrit Vela

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Re: You can now be woken up for Amrit Vela

Post by paulkershaw »

Hmm, we've definitely had this discussion before except the comments were more 'defined' as to why Amrit Vela was created. In my opinion, it is very likely another control issue centred around Bhakti processes, although in all fairness it may have just been copied from other forms of Yoga that existed at the time, i.e my hatha Yoga teacher rises very early each morning to go lie on the floor and do some 'Yoga' before her day starts. Good for her if it works, for her.

For me it doesn't. I got over worrying about it long ago although a 'fond' memory emerges in terms of this threads subject. "I remember being woken up VERY early every morning whilst in Abu with the sounds of other silly people rustling their darn plastic bags in their baggage, as they searched for stuff". Shrreeeekkk ... (warned you I' m a screamer ... ;) ).

Whatever happened to being organised the night before - me used to think? Some of them couldn't even get that right in their lives yet were up and about at an (un)Godly hour trying to do what was they had been told was the right thing to do ... Nowadays, I'd just chuck a heavy book at their heads and hope it connects with them ... probably a reason why I won't ever be allowed anywhere near a sleeping BK ever again :D.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

paulkershaw wrote:Good for her if it works, for her.
I remember an incident. Many years ago when I was not so busy in Godly service through computers, I got an oppurtunity to visit the home of a BK brother whose wife was a non-BK (just supportive of BKs). I had gone there with a PBK brother (friend of that BK) and a surrendered PBK mother. During the conversation with that couple, the PBK mother suddenly raised the topic of Amrit Vela and while trying to prove the PBKs to be higher than the BKs, told her that while BKs wake up at 3 or 4 AM, the PBKs wake up at 2 AM. I was surprised (rather shocked :shock:) to hear her telling such things to a non-BK who might get terrified at the thought of getting up at 2 AM if she becomes a PBK. Anyway, neither that BK nor his wife became a PBK.

I don't think most PBKs (including me) wake up at 2 AM. Even if many of the surrendered PBKs wake up at 2 AM, I don't think they would be alert throughout if they were to sit in Yoga for an hour continuously without any songs/music being played intermittently to remind them of Baba. ;)
During the conversation with that couple, the PBK mother suddenly raised the topic of Amrit Vela and while trying to prove the PBKs to be higher than the BKs, told her that while BKs wake up at 3 or 4 AM, the PBKs wake up at 2 AM.
It is also true that many BKs try to use the same forumula while serving non-BK Hindus. While Hindus are supposed to wake up at 4 AM to do Bhakti and meditation, BKs wake up at 3 AM to prove that they are higher effort makers than the non-BK Hindus. In fact, this has been mentioned in Murlis/Avyakt Vanis also.
bkneerunice
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To get myself updated and benefitted from the experiences of fellow BKs and make effective use of technology for soul betterment and elevated efforts

Post by bkneerunice »

Dear Spiritual brother,
this is indeed a good news that we can get wake up call on our mobile. Your contact details are not visible. Please tell me how to register or whom to contact to activate this service asap.

regards
bk neeru
baba's angel
cfile6
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: My mother in law and sister in law are BKs.

Post by cfile6 »

why not just buy an alarm clock? or even better use the alarm clock on your phone??? :laugh: :shock:
cfile6
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: My mother in law and sister in law are BKs.

Post by cfile6 »

paulkershaw wrote: Whatever happened to being organised the night before - me used to think? Some of them couldn't even get that right in their lives yet were up and about at an (un)Godly hour trying to do what was they had been told was the right thing to do ... Nowadays, I'd just chuck a heavy book at their heads and hope it connects with them ... probably a reason why I won't ever be allowed anywhere near a sleeping BK ever again :D.
Hahahahaha that is funny and a good solution maybe it will sink into their brain? hehehe :laugh: :laugh: