New BK forum

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
avyakt7
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mainly to share Gyan. Understand view points and to enjoy the "process"...

New BK forum

Post by avyakt7 »

Today, I was introduced to this forum: http://brahmakumarisforum.net
It is just starting and I see a good potential of being a source of exchange of information, experiences and realizations.
What I like about this BK based forum which I haven't seen in others, is that Bhakti elements are mostly removed. Nothing wrong with Bhakti, but according to time; this is the path of "knowledge." Another aspect that I was informed which could be appealing to some is that "criticism will be allowed," which I would rather call "different opinions based on different experiences"... and that responses are not being filtered as long as "good manners" are followed.

It is not my interest to "market" this site, even though it may seem like it. I am not involved or associated with it except for the fact that I am a BK (and proud of it!) and i have no other agenda, than to be part of it and "join in the fun." ( as long as my account gets activated.)

I would like to encourage BKs, PBKs, Ex-BKs, etc. to "test drive it."
Sach_Khand
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Seeking Truth and Truth only.

Re: New BK forum

Post by Sach_Khand »

I would like to know whether the above said forum is run by
(1) BKs or
(2) ex-BKs who are interested in reforms or
(3) ex-BKs who are interested in destruction or
(4) PBKs or ex-PBKs or
(5) just some people who are seeing that BKs are in there in a big way and a forum can be run in their name.

Please write if you know about the people behind the forum. Better if you try and find out if you do not know. It would help me in deciding whether to join it or not.

:neutral:
Sanjeev.
avyakt7
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mainly to share Gyan. Understand view points and to enjoy the "process"...

Post by avyakt7 »

It is run by BKs. If you look at the "names" of the members you will probably recognize 1 (if you have been around Brahma Kumaris,) who happen to be an "admin" and is based in London. The soul who invited me to join is a BK from the USA. Even though this forum is "independently run from the organization" it is a closer as you may find linked to Brahma Kumaris.
howiemac
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Brahmin soul, formerly with BKWSU, now independent

Post by howiemac »

Thanks Avyakt7 for the info - SimonB is very competent with computer systems and so this new forum should be well run technically - it is also good that they have a team of admins from the start. We shall see how liberal they remain once the fur starts to fly (I won't be ripping any, but I suspect others will - there seem to be many BK refugees with axes to grind, chips on their shoulders, mental issues, or whatever - it s not easy to run a BK related forum).. If they stifle free discussion and/or remove posts without very good reason (as previous BK attempts did) then nobody will bother to post. There is not much on there yet, but it is early days. I hope they succeed where the previous BK-run forums have failed. Time will tell.
avyakt7

Post by avyakt7 »

Howiemac;
Check out this discussion thread: http://brahmakumarisforum.net/phpbb3/vi ... ?f=10&t=14
I think it is a good start...
howiemac
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Brahmin soul, formerly with BKWSU, now independent

Post by howiemac »

Thanks Avyakt7 - yes, it is an encouraging start. I have just been saying my own tuppenceworth on that very thread :)

I look forward with interest to seeing how the initial tone is set by the founder members.