Did 2 BK centerwasis kill another?

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
Pari
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was previously posting as bkry in the ex-BK Forum. I was introduced to this website and I was wondering as to who all the other parties refered to here were.

Did 2 BK centerwasis kill another?

Post by Pari »

Did the Brahma Kumaris cover up the case where 2 BK centerwasis burnt another BK centerwasi to death?

I have given information about how 2 centerwasis had killed another BK centerwasi by burning her at the wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... s_and_2012.
It's the last entry on that page. If you want to read it, you have to do so before the article which I submitted, into wikipedia, gets deleted.
I had actually not wanted to reveal that information but since I wanted to prove a point about the Brahma Kumaris, I mentioned it there.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Did 2 BK centerwasis kill another?

Post by fluffy bunny »

I copied in case it disappeared.
Wikipedia wrote:A friend of mine who is a lawyer (called Diwanji) and who had acted for some of the legal matters of the Brahma Kumaris told me of a case which he had handled for the Brahma Kumaris. Karuna Bhai, one of the Seniors of the Brahma Kumaris at Shantivan (in India), knows him and Diwanji told me that it was Karuna Bhai who had requested him to act on behalf of the Brahma Kumaris, for the case where 2 BKs burnt another to death.

It involved 3 centerwasis who were staying together in a BK center in North India. Centerwasis are those who live in the center and take care of the center and they observe celibacy (no sex). Two women and one man stayed in this center. The man and one of the woman began to sleep together and have sex. When the 3rd centerwasi got to know of this, the 2 centerwasis who were having an affair killed her by burning her.

So the Brahma Kumaris asked my friend to help them to close the matter and to keep it unknown to the public, by paying off all relevant people including the police. Since the police were paid off, the police did not proceed with the matter and they closed the case. Having been in the Brahma Kumaris, I know that there is a lot of room for things like this to happen in the Brahma Kumaris and so I was not surprised when I heard it. But I have not checked it out to see if there is any truth in it.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

I think that North Indian city was Agra. And the news was reported in the local newspapers as well. The incident happened in the first half of this decade (I don't remember the exact year).
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Is this the case? BRAHMKUMARI STILL UNTRACED - December, 2003 AGRA.

The report is a little confusing.
A young woman from Orissa was burnt alive in the ashram for Gyan and shanti (knowledge and peace) belonging to Brahm Kumari Samaj a week ago, but the police and the intelligence agencies are still groping in the dark for the body and other relevant clues which have deliberately been cleared or concealed.

Senior police officials say they are still looking for the kingpins of the ashram who have disappeared after the crime, but a case of murder has been registered at the Etmauddaula thana. The ashram has been sealed.

Residents of the Trans Yamuna colony were shocked to hear shrieking cries, and see leaping flames that almost burnt the ashram at the dead of night. A few vehicles later arrived and carried away what looked like dead bodies, according to eye witnesses. A woman named Bharti from Orissa has since been missing. Police suspect she was burnt alive in the back yard. The police found birth control pills from her room. This has naturally given a sexual twist to the crime.

Some people at the centre believe Bharti had self immolated herself. The Centre-in-Charges Satya Behan and Anita Behan admit Bharti is no more but they too have no idea about the dead body and who tried to clean up the whole place of vital clues.
It sounds like false information might have been spread about the victim ...
A senior police official said on Saturday that a person called Hari was having an affair with Bharti and the two were planning to get married soon.

Since the Ashram management generally frowns on such relationship, the deceased Bharti was under mental strain for quite some time. At one stage the couple had decided to run away.
And yet ...
The police is either under pressure from some high quarters or is just not interested in the case. No vital breakthrough appears likely as the investigating agencies are seen dragging their feet.
Pari
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was previously posting as bkry in the ex-BK Forum. I was introduced to this website and I was wondering as to who all the other parties refered to here were.

Post by Pari »

Thanks for the information. But I thought the girl was burnt in a BK center in Parampura or something like that, near Haridwar in Utthra Pradesh. I may have got the spelling of the names of the places wrong. Is Parampura around Agra ? I think I got this information around 2006 after the matter was concealed.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

It looks like there is more than one case. The two stories do not match. That report was taken from a local newspaper, not personal reports.
Pari

Post by Pari »

At the end of each day, I have a habit of re-collecting all the things that had happened for the day and concentrating on them to see what mistakes I have made and of how they could have been handled in a better way. Last night, as I was doing this, my posting here came to my mind and the conversation which I had with Diwanji a couple of days ago also came to my mind. Actually, I had forgotten the name of the place where that BK girl was burnt. Just before my post in the Wikipedia, I had called Diwanji to ask him the name of that place but the connection was bad and so we couldn't talk. So I just made the post stating that the place was in North India. After I had made the post, Diwanji phoned me and the connection was still bad but we could talk and hear something though there was a lot of disturbances. Usually when we talk on the phone, the line is very clear. I don't know why it was not clear during these 2 attempts. Anyway, when Diwanji called me back, after I had made the post, I asked him as to where that BK girl was burnt. I thought there was only one incidence of a girl being burnt and I was expecting just the name of one place. But Diwanji was referring to so many places and was saying so many things and I could not understand what he was saying because the line was not clear but I think he had mentioned Orissa, Agra etc. I thought he was talking about his journeys in India since he was mentioning so many places. So I stopped him and said, “But where was that girl burnt?”. He started again with Orissa and I knew that it was not Orissa and I began to wonder what he was talking about. He had also mentioned Agra and other places. Then, suddenly the line became clear and I could hear him talk about something that had happened in Parampura. So I asked him, “Was the BK girl burnt in Parampura?” and he said “Yah” and then he continued to talk about how Gopal Bhai in Santivan got involved with a rape case and of how about 1000 or 5000 local people had gathered at the gate of the Brahma Kumaris in Shantivan. No one could go in and it made things very difficult for the Brahma Kumaris and so the Brahma Kumaris paid them off and the local people left. At that time, my mind had just accepted “Parampura” and I did not want to forget it until I write it down. Further, the line was getting bad again and so we did not continue talking for long.

You know, recollecting all that, I began to wonder why all this information had not emerged to “ring a bell” in my mind when I was reading about the incidence in Orissa and when Agra was mentioned here. Only Parampura was there in my mind. You know when I was younger, everyone used to tell me that my mind and intellect was very sharp and that I could analyse very well. I began wondering if I was getting old and if that was why the remainder of the conversation with Diwanji had not emerged to my mind when I was reading and making my post here. Then, I began to wonder if the BK effort-making training was the reason why it had happened. For so many years now, I have trained my mind, intellect and sanskaras, not to emerge anything except that which is requested. I began to think that I was very fortunate that I continued the posts here and not in the ex-BK Forum. I know that you guys are all effort-makers and that, like me, you would prefer the silent mind and control over the mind, intellect and sanskaras instead of “greater analytical abilities and clarity”. Some of the ex-BKs might not have preferred this. Anyway, sorry if I had brought about any confusion in respect of the place. I am not really very sure as to the name of the place. Maybe, it is Agra.