Words Baba spoke are in Italics

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Words Baba spoke are in Italics

Post by bansy »

Well, having nothing specific to do for the past few hours other than beong swamped by US election stuff, I browsed through a few recent Murlis and the following words in italics came up in Murlis. I may miss a few since I was skimming :

03/11/2008
safety
service
knowledge
World Almightly Authority
foundation
tree
beauty
biography
chart
impossible
practical
follow
advertised
railway
repeat
heaven
souls
part
prince
adopted
offices
attention
birthday
marriage day
Father's day
engagement day
Mother's day

04/11/2008
direct connection
birthplace
wrong
directions
directly
class
time
heavenly new man
clearly
peace
saviours
exchange
fail
decorate
correction
engineer
assistant engineer
exhition
school
controlling
ruling power
paper
second

05/11/2208
drama
operated
real
artidical
Father
follow
slogan
students
first-class
challenge
brotherhood
God

06/11/2008
philanthropists
salesmen
familiarity
refined
insured
lift
females
chance
officers
improvement
prize
asylum
too late
race
advance
100%

OK, I don't know how many of you out there are non English native speakers out there but I find it absolutely astonishing that God will find to use such use of English words in Murlis, is it because there is no such word as "God" in Hindi, or "Father " in Hindi ? Is there no such word as "tree" in Hindi ? How about "birthday" ? Is someone having us on with all this ? When I look at a diety symbol in a temple in India, say of Ganesh or Vishnu or any other avatar, do I expect it to speak English and use words such as "assistant engineer" ?

Is the current Chariot for the PBK (ShivBaba via Virendra Dev Dixit) using as many refined English words as those above ? The above is only a sample, go and make your own list of any one week's Murlis. You'll be astounded.

Whether you are more astounded as an Indian living in India in the 60s or in 2000s, will leave it up to you !
bansy

Re: Words Baba spoke are in Italics

Post by bansy »

What I am getting at is that if you pick up a Diamond Sutra or a Granth or even a Bhagavad Gita and it has little words of English dotted here and there, it would make you wonder....

There are so many other Indian languages and dialects ...and ... English is chosen ...?
andrey
PBK

Post by andrey »

Due to the British presence in the past usage of English words is common in India. Baba Virendra Dev Dixit also uses English words. It is because it is the common way of speaking. The scriptures that are written are written in high style. In the Murli itself it is said that we have to learn Hindi and English, because they are common languages. English is international language. If Baba is international Baba then it is understandable.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

sister bansy wrote:What I am getting at is that if you pick up a Diamond Sutra or a Granth or even a Bhagavad Gita and it has little words of English dotted here and there, it would make you wonder....
As far as I know the Sanskrit Bhagwad Gita does not contain any words from English.