Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.
john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

Post by john morgan »

Respect is under rated. When one respects the will of others, it is likely that one's own will is healthy. Imposing ones will on others is a deep topic, rape is a gross form. It may be that knowing better than everyone else is a more subtle form, whatever the form I personally think that imposing one's will on others is best left alone.

If the soul is immortal the death penalty is merely a loss of time at most points in the cycle, but many would say that the current time we are passing through is most precious and that time wasted here is not merely a loss but will affect one's destiny forever.

I am glad that I do not hand out death penalties. If I did how much a person truly respects the will of others would be one vital component in my decision making process.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Hopefully the last of the reports on the death of Bk Dawn Griggs but one that again makes a mockery of the BKWSU leadership's claims that Baba took care of her and remove her from her body so that she did not suffer. Usual fairy stories.

Early we read of how Dawn's palms were "embedded with thorns and the soles of her feet were cut, indicating she put up strong resistance" which the police reported in the days after her killing. Now it turns out that those injuries happened AFTER she was stabbed twice in the face with a screwdriver inside the taxi.
Times of India wrote:The report, prepared by a panel of three doctors at Safdarjung hospital, confirmed that Griggs died due to strangulation.

The police said that the taxi driver Jyotish Prasad brutally murdered Griggs inside his taxi and also wiped off the blood stains from the car. "Even the circumstances point towards the fact that Prasad wanted to rob her. The cleaner (who cleaned the car) was paid Rs 10 by Prasad has confirmed this," said a police officer.

Griggs suspected something was wrong. She started shouting for help. Scared of being caught, Prasad immediately took out a screw driver and stabbed her between the right eye and nose. The second stab was on the corner of the same eye.

Prasad did not want to leave clues in his car. He, therefore dragged Griggs's body out. Although he wanted to take the body near the well, from where the victim's belongings were discovered later, he could not do so.

When Prasad realised that Griggs had survived being stabbed, he then stangled her. She was then gagged and suffocated by Prasad which ultimately caused the victim's death.
Her body was given to the Australian High Commission who made arrangements to fly it back to her hometown.
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

I cannot see how what has been said disproves anything that has previously been said about this issue. There are many resources in life. For example, once upon a time (a fairy story!), I was in hospital and my body was suffering considerably. I was neatly tucked away in very deep peace and felt about 18 inches above my body. Who is to say this type of thing did not occur with Dawn?

Spiritual mumbo jumbo can cloud many isssues and I appreciate and respect ex-I's efforts at bringing clarity and reason to the situation. The difficulty is that we are as human beings multi faceted and sometimes our experiences cannot be seen or known by others. It is not that you are wrong ex-I, it is just that the possibilities cannot be wholly seen by interpreting physical events.

Kind regards.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Nothing personal given nor taken John. Do people think that someone can be "out of their body in peace" AND struggling for their life enough to embed thorns in their feet at the same time?

Ditto, do BKs believe that BKs have the monopoly on "being out of one's body" or such inexplainable phenomenon?

The answer to the second question is obviously not. The answer to the first ... probably not.

I just hope the thought cuts another layer of nonsense off all the false and empty promises of "Baba's umbrella of protection" and highlights the meaningless of the leaderships' sop.
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

I guess it all comes down to the choice of the individual. On the one hand we have empty promises and on the other great hope - all from the same source. The interpretation varies according to the side of the fence you stand. I am trying to sit on this fence, if a cat knocks me off I'll let you know on which side I land :D.

Somehow a book called 'The Art of Happiness' has landed on my sofa. Until someone reclaims it, the Dalai Lama's thoughts may be a refreshing change.

Take care,

John
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

Well, let us really hope that Dawn was taken out of her body before her terrible assault and murder.

It certainly doesn't look or 'feel' like it though, reading the report. Its not as if she was sitting peacefully on a train and had Yoga so that bandits wouldn't enter the carriage she was in, keeping herself safe, as some old BK story goes. She was stabbed, allegedly raped and murdered in a horrific manner and the fight she put up means she was fully present and aware of what was happening to her and I would say, in great fear as she fought for her life.

Imagine it happening to 'you'. How would one feel and react? I'd probably fight to the death for my life! But unless its happened to one - we don't know and I really wouldn't ever like to find out either.

Let us all pray for Dawn, because she took a terrible ending to her life, spiritual or not. And I don't see any news of a monument being erected in Abu in her name, despite the fact that she paid the ultimate price for her beliefs. Wonder why that is?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

paulkershaw wrote:Its not as if she was sitting peacefully on a train and had Yoga so that bandits wouldn't enter the carriage she was in, keeping herself safe, as some old BK story goes. She was stabbed, allegedly raped and murdered in a horrific manner and the fight she put up means she was fully present and aware of what was happening to her and I would say, in great fear as she fought for her life.
Yes, reading the report, it does appear that she tried to resist the attack and did suffer before leaving her body.