Raksha Bhandan

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
shivshankar
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: dharna

Re: Raksha Bhandan

Post by shivshankar »

Indeed, looks like I still have a desire to make some prophecies :oops: . So may be will comeback "as" and "if" and "when" He will emerge His role. Wish you luck and spiritual progress. Remember Him;)

Your brother Dmitryi.
tom
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mahatma Gandhi said first :"God is Truth", ultimately he said "Truth is God"
which made me a member of this forum.

Post by tom »

shivshankar wrote:Indeed, looks like I still have a desire to make some prophecies :oops: . So may be will comeback "as" and "if" and "when" He will emerge His role.
Dear Brother shivshankar, allow me to remind you, your post is off topic. Asking you kindly, please take some help,and don't pollute the forum with your desire to be "Him"making prophecies.

Dear all,
Today i found by chance in the Encyclopedia the Murli (which i could not remember yesterday)about Festival of Rakhi referring to Mother Brahma tying rakhi on the children BrahmaKumaris.Info Encyclopedia
Sakar Murli 2008/08/15 Revised
From BrahmaKumaris.Info Encyclopedia
Essence: Sweet children, to apply knowledge like sandalwood (create the fragrance) according to Shrimat and become pure is to claim the kingdom of self-sovereignty. Make a promise to remain pure and you will receive the tilak of the sun-dynasty kingdom.
Question: Who ties a rakhi on you children? And who applies this tilak to you? Why is there the custom of offering sweets to sweeten your mouth?
Answer: Your senior mummy (Mother Brahma), ties the rakhi on you to purify you. Then, when you take a vow to remain pure, the Father applies the tilak of self-sovereignty to you. To sweeten your mouth means to bestow all blessings. Along with the tilak of self-sovereignty the Father has also given you all blessings. The memorial of this custom has continue
Can we say, that what Dadis, Didis,Sisters are practicing today with tying Rakhi to all VIPs and Governmental people has nothing to do with the meaning of the rakhi and tilak symbols revealed in this Murli but they are doing it for publicity and PR work of the organization,and of course for income!?
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

It has nothing to do what so ever with the original tradition. BKWSU just made their own version to make it look special. A little feeling of detached attachment maybe?? To belong??? Well ... Raksha_Bhandan

and here is the opposite

True meaning of Raksha Bandhan.
shivshankar
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: dharna

Post by shivshankar »

tom wrote:don't pollute the forum with your desire to be "Him"making prophecies.
Ок:)
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

jannisder wrote:and here is the opposite ... True meaning of Raksha Bandhan.
Ah, yes ... BK Yogi Khem Jokhoo of the West Indies. The would be next Jagdish Chander (which only old timer BKs would understand),

Ah, but you see Jannis, that is not true and is *true*; that is true as "True (TM) © BKWSU". The BK's "True (TM)" was the first and original version and the Hindu one was just a partial impure recollection of it.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. Rakshabandhan was celebrated by BKs worldwide last month. As a routine, the pictures of BK sisters tying Rakhis to VIPs are prominently published in the September issue of all the BK magazines including the Purity magazine in English.

The publishing of such photographs is not a new thing, but was is new for my eyes (or may be I did not try to see this in the previous years) is that the September issue of the Purity magazine carries seven photographs in which the Editor of the Purity magazine Sister Asha (also the Director of Om Shanti Retreat Center near Delhi) is either tying Rakhis to VIPs or just looking at the VIP.

Another point worth noting in this issue of the Purity magazine is that it carries a photograph of the Editor of Purity Sister Asha tying Rakhi to Smt.Sonia Gandhi, President of Indian National Cogress party as well as a photograph of Smt. Sonia Gandhi tying Rakhi to the Chief Editor of the Purity magazine Brother Brij Mohan.

While the BK sisters of thousands of BK centers worldwide try to do maximum Godly service on this occassion by tying rakhis not only to VIPs but also to prisoners, orphans, senior citizens living in old age homes, etc. and all these BK centers sincerely wish that their photographs would appear in one of the BK magazines, but instead of trying to cover maximum BK centers and thus encouraging their efforts, the Editor and Chief Editor of the Purity magazine have tried to get maximum publicity for themselves. They may give a plea that the VIP that they tied rakhi to is more important than the IPs or non-IPs that sisters of other BK centers tie rakhis, but is it a use or misuse of position? Baba says that our every action should aim to reveal the Father, but do such acts of people in important positions within the Yagya help in revealing the Father?

BKs may think that I am trying to create a rift within the Yagya by pointing out such issues, but it is upto every individual BK to decide whether this is in accordance with Shrimat or not?

With regards,
On Godly Service,
Arjun
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

but do such acts of people in important positions within the Yagya help in revealing the Father?
"F A M E - remember my name ..."
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

all these BK centers sincerely wish that their photographs would appear in one of the BK magazines, but instead of trying to cover maximum BK centers and thus encouraging their efforts, the Editor and Chief Editor of the Purity magazine have tried to get maximum publicity for themselves
I forgot to add that the September issue of Purity magazine mentioned above did not carry any photograph of BK sisters tying rakhis to prisoners, patients, destitutes, orphans, etc. I don't know if BKs have stopped tying rakhis to them or their photographs were not considered fit to be published by the Editor and Chief Editor of the Purity magazine. And if BKs are still tying rakhis to the above mentioned weaker/ underprivileged section of the society then such Godly news deserved to be published in the magazine instead of the same old VIPs whose photoes get published every year.

It is customary for the Sisters like BK Asha living in Delhi to cover VVIPs like the President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, Leaders of national political parties, Chief Justice, etc. and the BK sisters living in the state capitals to cover VIPs like the Governor, Chief Minister, etc. of the respective states. Since the Purity magazine is mainly for the educated and wealthy readers (especially from the foreign countries) and also distributed to VIPs in most BK programmes, they might have thought that publication of the photographs of the maximum number of top level VIPs may give them the maximum mileage.

Anyway, I was surprised to observe that the photograph of BKs tying Rakhi to the President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil (supposed to be a BK by BKWSU) was missing. :-? They generally publish that photo on the front page of the magazine.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Just as there are different types of BK rings (e.g gold, silver, etc), and different types of BK rosettas (small to almost covering your faces ones), and different types of badges (e.g. ranging from a simple Shiva red symbol ones to a marble pearl like Lakshmi and Narayan); there are also different types of rakhi threads being tied. Some are really simple red and gold threads, others have pictures of Lakshmi and Narayan, etc. If in doubt, ask your centre why . :D
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Anyway, I was surprised to observe that the photograph of BKs tying Rakhi to the President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil (supposed to be a BK by BKWSU) was missing. They generally publish that photo on the front page of the magazine.
They have made good the shortcoming in this month's issue of Purity magazine by publishing five photographs of BKs (and the delegates to the WCCPGC, 2008) with the President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil on a full page. :D

And as usual, the Chief Editor and the Editor of the Purity magazine appear in six photographs occupying prominent space in the magazine. ;)