Falling

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
mr green
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Falling

Post by mr green »

Go and have a beer, take yourself away from things.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

bkti-pit wrote:Baba often says in the Murlis that it is better to die than to renounce one's religion. Arjun or other Hindi speaking can correct me if I am wrong but I think that the word religion is a poor translation of the word Dharma, which in this context I understand more as being your principles or your conscience, your inner sense of Truth.
You are correct.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Dear sakaash,
Om Shanti. Since you are still a BK, I would like to invite you attention to two of the Q&A published by BKs in Avyakt Vanis that have been reproduced in the following thread of this forum in the form of Q&A No.5 & 11: Q&A published by BKs in Avyakt Vanis

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
sakaash
Questioning BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been reading this forum for the past few days now and would like some advice and support, since I have become a questioning BK ...

Post by sakaash »

Thanks for your suggestion Mr Green ... seems to have done the trick ... for now anyway ...
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Glad you have got some rest.
alladin
Friends and family of

panta rhei

Post by alladin »

Hi, Sakaash! May I remind you of the renown aphorism, attributed to the Greek philosopher Heraclitus: "panta rhei". Everything flows, everything is impermanent. It cannot last forever. We forget that the longer we dwell on it and give it energy, the more we concentrate on it, the longer it will take for it to go away, like water held in a basin by a dam.

If you have ever been ill, in physical pain or had an accident, you will remember how you got caught in the pain of that moment. It is hard to see the end of the tunnel. But that's what we must do, to help us recover, as well as taking medication and following all the instructions doctors give us. So, yes we have to face our downs, and go through it, but it is also a matter of time and we can speed up the recovery process by choosing to do the right things and the easiest, main one is looking at the light ahead. We may choose to be alone or take help from our friends, as it suits us. Do not forget to love yourself, it is the best healing energy!

Years ago I read in a book about Zen, an interesting teaching, " You cannot stop the birds of sadness from flying over you, but do not let them make a nest on your head".

I send you love, light and lightness!
bansy

Post by bansy »

Hi sakaash

The BKs often say that God will catch you when you are falling. Although I heard of something similar outside of the BK knowledge.

In any case, folks in this forum are also here to catch you when you need, as they have done so for me likewise. There is always someone out there waiting for you to catch them too, so take a little breather and time for yourself to cool down and restore some of the beautiful energy that you have.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

bansy wrote:The BKs often say that God will catch you when you are falling. Although I heard of something similar outside of the BK knowledge.
OK, putting aside my usual grist of whether who were are dealing within the BKWSU is God or not ... (I'd rather they used the word 'their god' or 'their baba'), do we know if it is true and who or how it is decided? If their gods are not the God I can imagine they would psychically work to attempt to stop individuals from leaving their influences.

Personally, I am of the ilk that I think there are spiritual influences working to stop individuals leaving rather than "catch them" as they fall and I wonder if those are what sakaash was wresting with. Whether they are 'spooks', collective conscious, incarnate BKs, disincarnate spirit beings etc, I am not questioning here. But I do think more is going on at a psychic level than most people are aware. Good and bad.