The so-called Islam in the BK organisation

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
jaycdp
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I wish to participate on this forum again

The so-called Islam in the BK organisation

Post by jaycdp »

1) do the Brahma kumaris function like an Islamic state?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: The so-called Islam in the BK organisation

Post by fluffy bunny »

1) No. It has no Sharia system of law, little by the way of Shura and basically no Ijma but perhaps does operate a caliphate. The obvious question would be, "which Islamic state". Personally, I think it is functions like an transnational, underworld mafia that operates a number of legitimate front in various nation states. When folks talk about "the Brahma Kumaris" I think of this inner circle NOT the outer BKWSU or any other front.

As far as I understand, this concept of Islam comes from a metaphorical, PBK-based interpretation. Was it ever conceived, discussed or arise on the BK side? We need to see the original Murli quotes in context, please.

The only spanner I would like to chuck into the works here is that in the early days, what they called "Islam" is what the rest of the world would call "Judaism". What we would call "Islam", the god of the BKs calls the "Mohammedan" religion. So my additional question would be;

2) does BapDada really mean, metaphorically speaking, the "Jews" within the Brahma Kumari religion?

The only point on that I remember was that he say impurity comes into the world when they arrive, I think it referred specifically to sex lust. That is not my point of view, I am just reporting it.
faisu
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: My best friend is in this trap. How can i recover him.

Post by faisu »

A big NO.

Brahma kumaris is not like Islam, it is just against Islam.
  • 1. In Islam, human cannot be god. But in BK a human (baba) is everything
    2. In Islam, all humans are equal. But in bk humans are not equal, they are ranked (numberwise)
    3. In Islam, there is only one god, with only one face. In bk many avatars.
    4. In Islam, humans take only one birth, in bk up to 84
... thousands of differences, not any similarity

In centres BK teach that, Islam says "Allah is noor" (god is light). But actually, Islam does not say that.

Ultimately, according to my knowledge, "Islam is not a business" :D.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

I am not defending the BKWSU and your observations are correct but there is the "Sura al noor" (Sura 24 - Ayat 35) which starts, "Allahu nooru ..." and Noor al-anwar (The Light of lights) is refered to in Sufism which influenced Islam of Sind. Islam also talks of the "Noor of Prophet Muhammad". I do agree though that it is a tenuous connection and so are the others that BKism makes to other religions in their posters. Its more a case of "me too-ism" and attempting to earn "credibility by association" to parts of the major religions.

What I do find similar in Brahma-kumarism, even Prajapita Brahma-kumarism, is the use of the term "proofs" referring to conceptual equations taken from their mystic documents. Islam also talks about "proofs" from the Koran, i.e. the proof that the Koran is God's word is because it says so. Likewise, BKs say that the Murli is God's word because the Murlis says it is (despite multiple evidence it has been changed and tampered with by humans).

But what this title refers to is something more hidden. The PBKs and, half-consciously, some BKs believe that the roots of all religions are within the Brahma Kumari religion. Therefore, the seeds of Islam are present within the BKWSU. What I understand from what I have read here is that the PBKs identify METAPHORICALLY Islamic tendencies within the BKWSU that infer that the leaders of the BKWSU are the Islamic faction within the Brahma Kumari movement ... just as there are Christian, Buddhist or Sanyasi factions within the movement, e.g. traffic control is related to Muslim prayers. I think these Islamicist BKs are accused of "invading" the Bharat of pure BK-ism.

For some reason, the God of the BKs has a real issue with Mahmud of Ghazni (971 – 1030), who destroyed the 3rd temple of Somnath. The BKs say they did it for the money ... Islam says it was to destroy the Pre-Islamic statue to the goddess of al-Manat (God’s 3rd daughter) which disappeared from Arabia and found a revered place in Somnath. Al-Manat was a triple-faced, Crone-goddess of Fate and the moon, one of the three daughters of "Hubal", the chief moon god known solely as Allah today, and worshipped as a black stone.

The Arabs had been pantheists worshipping 360 gods and planetary deities before Mohammed came and turned them into monotheists. They were engaged on erasing their real history just like the BKWSU.

Welcome to the forum, please give us your introduction in the Newcomers forum, may your visit be profitable ... إن شاء الله
in the Koran it is wrote:Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.
faisu
Friends and family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: My best friend is in this trap. How can i recover him.

Post by faisu »

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth
Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth - which is not physical light, e.g. my mother is the light of my house, is she actual light?
traffic control is related to Muslim prayers
Definitely BKs may have adopted something from Islam and I think, this is not a place to criticize Islam. They live their own way. Hopefully, Islam is not collecting any money from its followers ;).

I am respecting all Religions like Hindu, Islam, Christian ... but strongly opposing the cults like BKs. A good religion should teach to love all peoples including family/parents/wife/childrens. But these cults are crushing thousands of families.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

faisu wrote:Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth - which is not physical light, e.g. my mother is the light of my house, is she actual light? ... A good religion should teach to love all peoples including family/parents/wife/childrens. But these cults are crushing thousands of families.
I think that you have hit the nail on the head with regards the damage cultic religions do to families and communities. They are like evolving viruses, some worse than others.

With regards to Allah, it is interesting that Allah was original a moon god. There are two words, noor and siraaj, used one is for light and one is lamp, like the sun and the moon.

Sura 71:15-16, states:
See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
and made the moon a light (noor) in their midst,
and made the sun as a lamp (siraaj)?
The moon is called a light (Arabic: noor) and the sun a lamp (siraaj). Some claim that since the Qur'an uses different words it suggests one is a source of light, the other only reflects light. But Allah is noor ... does that mean he is only a reflection and that there is another source of light? If the BKs claim that Shiva Baba is Allah, as they do (and they will probably suffer the wrath of Islam for doing so at some point) ... does that make the God of the BKs only the reflection of some other light also?

At this point BKs will be running screaming saying, "no, no, that is not what Gyan says ...". But all they know is what they are told to think by their Imams and copy.
faisu
Friends and family of

Post by faisu »

With regards to Allah, it is interesting that Allah was original a moon god.
According to my knowledge,
Allah is *not* the Muslim word for God, but the *Arabic* word for God. It is the word used by Arab-speaking Muslims, Arabic-speaking Christians, and–until they were all shipped off to Israel arabic-speaking Jews. You can easily confirm this by examining any Arabic Bible.

You know, Arabic Christians call their god, Allah

And, etymologically, Allah is closely related to Hebrew names for God such as Elohim and Eloah.

I don’t know whether there is any truth to the moon-god story, but it doesn’t matter because even Christian missionaries have often adapted names with close pagan associations to describe the one God, because in some languages there was no better alternative. I can assure you that Muhammedans do not worship moon gods, and that there are much better arguments to be made against Islam.

and ex-l, you are a genius.
quran - bible.JPG
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

and ex-l, you are a genius.
And so are you, very interesting information.

Thanks.