Brahma beer

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
jannisder
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Brahma beer

Post by jannisder »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_(beer)

I heard a sister (Rona Schweitz) in Santo Domingo, hired a lawyer to claim this name (Brahma). Anyone know about it??
Brahma_beer.jpg
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Brahma beer

Post by fluffy bunny »

I have never heard of this. If is is true, then it is a perfect example of "more money than sense". Do you mean Saint Domingue or Dominican Republic? I cannot find anywhere that says the BKWSU has a center there but Rona is listed as being center-in-charge in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.

Brahma Beer was established in 1888, it is the 5th biggest beer brand in the world and the BKWSU do not exactly have a monopoly on the word Brahma ... so it sounds like a joke. Brahma is also the name of a chicken. What are they going to do ... sue a chicken too?
Brahma.jpg
Brahma.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 12057 times
bansy

Post by bansy »

A bottle of this in one hand and a Murli on the other hand, how more totally intoxicated can one get :D.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

I haven't tried it, I'll do some research and come back to you.
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

Read Bansy's post again and cheers!!!
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

Oh boy! This brings back joyful memories of me being freshly ground into Gyan, and 'wanting' to go to morning class, but still not wanting to let go of the party nights. So what did I do - Both!

Went to morning class straight from the club I did. Can only imagine the tests I placed those sari clad sisters under at the time. Amongst many other tests too. Oh well, they were 'soul conscious', eh? :D
alladin
Friends and family of

double service

Post by alladin »

Another merging, or contamination, of lokik and alokik habits is that of waking up for Amrit Vela and join a party at dawn, Goa hippies call it "good, morning energy". For health freaks only. Taking the relay from people who are collapsing, having been drinking and taking drugs all night whilst you were resting peacefully - in Baba's arms ;).

Going straight from a party to the Murli? Well, the younger you are, the easier it is. Paul, either you were very young or in a good stage of soul consciousness, flying! So you were doing double service to two different communities: at parties and in class! Bravo! All rounder, you gave your bones in it!

When people suggest that the BK routine is such that cult :D members undersleep, they will typically reply that a yogi soul doesn't need as many hours of sleep as an ordinary person. It's the quality of your thoughts during the day that ensures that a short rest can be enough to recharge you. I totally agree with that; stress and negative thoughts drain you. If you stay up all night or part of it, doing creative and gratifying things, you can still be efficient the next day, in my experience at least!

Now I need a nap, my eyelids are closing ...