A Tale of Two Paths: The Renunciate and the Householder

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Re: A Tale of Two Paths: The Renunciate and the Householder

Post by paulkershaw »

There are many high-profile ex-Gyani gay boys doing well with their man nowadays! :D
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: A Tale of Two Paths: The Renunciate and the Householder

Post by fluffy bunny »

Well, however much I can understand the attraction, I hope that BK centers have not become intentional cruising spots like the Thai Buddhist monasteries in the article. I found that disgusting. Not because of the homo sex but that Westerners were going out there specifically to take advantage of the situation.

It makes worse than mockery of the real purpose for the sangha. I am not saying any worse than Christian priests pulling nuns and certainly not as bad as paedophiles praying on any and every religious community (what is their attraction and why pray on the religious!?!); it just seemed to be a terrible disrespect for the tradition and not one to be smug about at all.