I need your help

in_transit
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Looking for help in reconciliation with "Normal" life

I need your help

Post by in_transit »

Hi all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. I am looking for some help preferably from some 'senior' ex-BK ;) as I am passing through that phase of life which you have in the past, the one which pains the most. The brainwashing has been so intense that I was tempted to express myself here. However, I shall require privacy in order to express myself freely because I am sure the posts here are monitored. Can someone please help me?
pilatus
non-BK

Re: I need your help

Post by pilatus »

Hello in_transit,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on having the courage to ask for help - it's often the most difficult, first step!

I don't fit the category of "senior ex-BK" you're looking for but I know that there are quite a few here who are very willing and able to engage with ex-BK's in a helpful way. Mostly this happens "on forum" but we all respect each other's standpoints, so I am sure that you'll soon get offers to share and talk via so-called private messaging, which might later evolve to personal e-mail contact.

All at a pace and in a way which suits you. Through this process, you'll soon decide for yourself who can help you the most (and who you can help) ...

Very best wishes to you,
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

Welcome in_transit:-

There are several ex-BKs on the forum who were quite senior in their day and would most likely be more than willing to assist you where need be. I understand your distrust but would recommend that you post something here at least for us to understand what it is that you need help with. Although the forum is a public accessed site, please do not be afraid, in my experience, anyone asking for guidance in the past has received it both on-line and via private message.

In light
______
in_transit
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Looking for help in reconciliation with "Normal" life

Post by in_transit »

Thanks everyone for welcoming me in. I did receive some private messages and shared my problems in response to them. Sensing the culture of care on this forum, I don't have the slightest doubt that my interactions here with you all shall prove very helpful. I too should begin posting public messages, without any hesitation or fear, shortly. It's just a matter of time, I know, because right now I must protect my privacy.

Great!
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Hi

postings here are read by the BK IT team but you have no need to fear this. But, yes, use the PM system if you feel more comfortable ... and welcome by the way.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

May be we should open not a 'Commonroom', or a 'Newcomers forum' ... but a 'Transit Lounge' for those traveling coming off long haul flights with the BKWSU and changing to a new destination.

With a big sign saying, "dump your old luggage here ... change into something more relaxed".