The value of the label ex-BK and its misuse

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

The value of the label ex-BK and its misuse

Post by fluffy bunny »

Just a short note to say that I am both laughing at and sick of a trend I see happening on this forum where non-ex-BKs are calling themselves ex-BKs.

It strikes me that both BKs and PBKs are now carrying the label ... which is a bit of a joke considering how it used to be a rank of failure etc. Perhaps now it is MORE cool, valuable and respectable that calling yourself a BK.

Do you think we should trademark it and then license it out ONLY to authorised ex-BK only!?!
chai bhai
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Re: The value of the label ex-BK and its misuse

Post by chai bhai »

Yes, it is very interesting to see who is identifying as what, then what they are talking about and the opinions that they hold. It can be difficult though, because I know ex-BKs who are very supportive of the principles and ideals of the BK path, and then I know also BKs who are on the path very much but are incredibly frustrated at various trends in management, are pulling away more from the organisation, reconnecting with the heart of the path which - for many - has little to do with the organisational thing that it sits in.

So it is really interesting. Perhaps people do not know themselves what to call themselves. I actually wanted to put myself as 'reconciliation' or whatever it was but it would not let me do it. It came up as 'other' i think. Anyway, I thought it is also good not to have any label and speak freely. This forum is good for that. Anyone can say anything and have a conversation with people they would never otherwise meet. What a unique opportunity it gives to many people who are connected with the BK world.

Thanks forum-wallahs.