Transparency and accountability

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
jaycdp
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I wish to participate on this forum again

Post by jaycdp »

Brahma kumaris have so far displayed very poor transparency and accountability of Godly Gyan

Prajapita brahmakuaris have been very transparency and took accountability so far.

Om Shanti
yogi108
BK

Post by yogi108 »

Jay,

Many of your posts are confusing ...

Are you saying the BK are less transparent and PBK are more transparent?

Yogi
jaycdp
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I wish to participate on this forum again

Re: Transparency and accountability

Post by jaycdp »

Sorry

I mean PBKs are more transparent. And brahmakumaris are less transparent.

The reason I mentioned that because PBKs have already displayed many of the teaching oppenly. And they are willing to talk about things which brahma kumaris are not willing to talk. For example, about the allegations and police case. On the other hand, brahmakumaris are not willing to display Murlis in public. And much more. I may be confusing because of my poor typing skill and poor written English.

Om Shanti

jay
chai bhai
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Post by chai bhai »

Hello.

I think we (BKs and our organisation) should be completely upfront and open about everything. In India, they are very upfront about 'baba coming', but then in India everyone comes into everybody so it is nothing new really. I mean, I know we are weird. I am one of the first ones to admit that we are a seriously odd group of people. But I also think it would very good to be completely open and upfront about our weirdness. With the Murlis though, I think they do need some explanation (I am remembering how long it took me to get what they were saying!). So I do not think we should just post them up everywhere without any explanation. But with an explanation, it might be good. But then who would write the explanation? I never seem to have any answers to post - I only have questions and odd comments. :-? :D
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

chai Bhai wrote:so i do not think we should just post them up everywhere without any explanation. but with an explanation it might be good. but then who would write the explanation?
Are you talking about the Murli points posted in the BK Section everyday? In order to keep the thread tidy for easy reference, discussions on those Murli points are not undertaken in the same thread, but if necessary Murli points can be discussed in a separate thread or in other existing threads.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

I think Chai Bhai means "in theory" for the so-called 'Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University' publishing the Murlis in public ... and in their original unedited form.

Of course, I will disagree with Chai's position. If you look at the topic in question on this forum, it is almost entirely Indian BKs who are asking for copies of the Murlis for valid reasons. It is likely only them, PBKs and a few scholars that will ever be interested.

I respect the intelligence of scholars to make sense of them, and perhaps better than Brahma-Kumari followers. After all, it was the scholars who were able to work out the Egyptian hieroglyphics and the Rosetta Stone, so how hard can a Sakar Murli be? More to the point, it requires a great deal of 'mental conditioning' before Brahma-kumaris followers can be trusted to have the desire result from hearing/reading them. And the Brahma-Kumaris do not want their would be donor followers to be put off too early by them. I don't think the rest of the world is really that interested.

It has gotten to a ridiculous point now where even surrendered BKs, who are late for class, are being refused copies or are 'pinned' to specific chairs in which they can be read them.

I think the secrecy issue surrounding the Murlis is more for the sake of the vanity of those doing UN, VIP and interfaith service by stealth.

I am entirely open about this. I am for de-centralizing the Brahma-kumaris' power base and cracking wide open the monopoly they are exploiting. Everyone should have access to all Knowledge. It will happen. At least to those the Brahma Kumaris have not destroyed already not defaced with edits.

With regards to "Transparency and accountability" ... the starting place will be complete financial transparency and accountability followed by a open and accountable grievance structure. In effect a BK Beth Din or Law Court. Less of this word of mouth rule and back room deals. The PBK are also a little stuck at making all of their teachings public BUT are lightyears ahead of the BKWSU and making use of mainly free hosting. Money or facilities are no excuse. Congratulations to them.
jaycdp
ex-BK

Post by jaycdp »

I think soul ex and soul arjun is concerned about the transperancy and accountablity of brahmakuamris. And the they have all the reason to be concerned. I hope brahmakuamris will one day oppen up so that intimidation and threat or corruption or abuse can be easily handled appropriatly

Om Shanti