Support the bring back Smilies Campaign

john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Support the bring back Smilies Campaign

Post by john morgan »

Am on smilie watch .. there are seven today. Until Mr Greens smiley is reinstated I am posting in green, perhaps some of you would care to join in. I'd like to see a ms.orange smiley too, anyone have any new smiley requests?
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Re: Support the bring back Smilies Campaign

Post by admin »

A number of smileys were removed to make way for additional shortcuts to assist our regular contributors compose their posts.

These shortcuts are seen to the right of the posting window when composing posts. By typing them, the shortcuts automatically create commonly words used in Brahma Kumari related discussion saving members the effort to repetitively type the words out.

In most browsers there are only space for seven smileys in total. Overuse will lead to them being withdrawn entirely. Where other emotions are required to be expressed, please use text in brackets or other devices. This is the final position on the matter.
john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Smilies Revisited

Post by john morgan »

Further to an anonymous Admin locking the "Bring Back the Smilies Campaign" I'd like to start a motion that we revisit the topic and take a vote. I am all for ex-I treating the rogue admin kindly as I am certain that they thought that what they were doing was for the best. The free speech that makes this forum so valuable has been compromised in a small way, but no harm done ... let's take a vote. Would anyone like to second this motion?