A couple of questions

researcher55
Not sure
Affinity to the BKWSU: Supreme Spiritual Surgery
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have some questions to ask current and ex-members of BK.

A couple of questions

Post by researcher55 »

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of small questions for you.

Can anyone give an estimate for the current UK membership of Brahma Kumaris?

Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?

If anyone can spare a moment to answer, I'd be very grateful.

R55
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: A couple of questions

Post by fluffy bunny »

researcher55 wrote:Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?
There is a copy of the teachers training manual from the 1990s on this site, - here. That basically tells you what the BKWSU tells, or told, its followers to teach.

There is a low resolution version of the old "7 Day Correspondence Course" here. This dates to the 1980s when they still taught the "pure" 7 Day Course with no soft sell preludes. It was given to us to study and teach the 7 Day Course. I think someone is also sharing a slightly revised one from the 90s.

Sorry, I have been out for a while and do not know what the current state of art is. There appears to be a load of different "soft", short courses up front to allow the Brahma Kumaris to "take the pulse" of the would be initiate. I do not know how/when the transition to the full on 7 Days and would appreciate an update from someone else too. I guess in India they still do the traditional "bhatti" (furnace).

Check back in a few days ... your wish is our command.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: A couple of questions

Post by arjun »

researcher55 wrote:Can anyone point me to a resource (website, perhaps) that discusses the content of the 7-day introductory courses?
Dear brother/sister,

Om Shanti and welcome to the forum. Apart from the source that ex-l has referred, you can also go through the following link for the official version of the BKWSU on the seven days course:

http://www.brahmakumaris.com/meditation/self.htm

As your name suggests, I hope you will share your research with all of us here. :D
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun