Living Gods

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Living Gods

Post by fluffy bunny »

Brahmakumaris exhibition. The gods are all live persons who are members of Brahmakumari. They take their poises after 5.30 pm and remain stationary for about half and hour at a time. Then they take about 10 minutes rest and then again take their poises. This continues upto 9.30 PM
BK_Living_Gods.jpg
BK_Living_Gods.jpg (71.49 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
jannisder
Friends and family of

Re: Living Gods

Post by jannisder »

What a joke! :D
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

That is "serving humanity" India BK style ... the individual BKs will be "giving Godly vibrations" (dhristi) to any onlookers that step their way. And that is where the donations go.

That is probably Saraswati with the golden vina (musical instrument), Lakshmi & Narayan, Durga or a Shivshakti riding the lion ... not sure who the little guy up the front is, may be Krishna?
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

The one I like is Ganesh, the elephant god. The Remover of obstacles. I have a statue of Ganesh at home for when I spin the cycle. I believe in doing Bhakti properly and there are no Hindu Temples around here. As Gyani's have been here for the whole cycle they've had a shot at most religions, sects, cults, clubs etc. Ganesh is an archetype he has a huge pot belly and rides on a mouse. One can pray to him to remove one obstacle at a time, if you ask him to remove them all he will know you are greedy, besides its easier to work out ones problems in bite size chunks.

Shiv shaktis have enough power to ride a lion. Not a nice friendly cuddly one like that, but a vicious roaring killing machine with a taste for human flesh that would rip the riders leg off if he/she lapsed into inattention. Best not to do this at home unless you've got some dart tranquilisers ... no, not for you ... for the lion ... silly!
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

Well, sorry, to say but the remover of obstacles is YOU!! ... No God involved!!!
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:Brahmakumaris exhibition. The gods are all live persons who are members of Brahmakumari. They take their poises after 5.30 pm and remain stationary for about half and hour at a time. Then they take about 10 minutes rest and then again take their poises. This continues upto 9.30 PM
These 'live deities' exhibitions are organized by the BKs during the nine day Durga festival which generally falls in October every year. In places like Calcutta where the female Hindu deity Durga (consort of Shiva) is the presiding deity for most Hindu families, the BKs, like their Hindu counterparts organize such exhibitions for nine days whereas BK centers in other parts of India organize it for one or two days.

While the Hindus worship the idols of Durga and other deities by setting up special ' pooja pandals' (temple-like structures for worship) at public places and on the roads, the BKs display the 'live' deities by decorating the BKs as deities. It is a ritual that every BK center tries to follow depending on the human and financial resources at hand. As a BK I used to help in setting up such Pooja Pandals and know the strain that the BK sisters have to face while sitting static for long periods (of course with a few minutes break), but they do it for the sake of Godly Service. Generally, the pictures exhibition is also organized alongside the live deities exhibition to explain the BK knowledge to the general public, who come attracted to the live deities.

Similar live dieities exhibitions are organized on the occasion of Shivratri and Shri Krishna Janmashtami, but the focus is on Shiv-Shankar/Shivling and Radha/Krishna respectively. As a child I used to participate in these exhibitions as a 'live' diety, but never got the plum role of 'Krishna' due to my weak physical frame :D Nevertheless, I used to enjoy playing the role of Krishna's friend. ;) During Shivratri, tableau depicting Shiva as the Father of all the religious fathers or as destroyer of demon-like vices is organized and once I got to play the role of one of the vices by wearing dark clothes and a ghostly mask. :shock:

Such exhibitions (in fact any public programme) is not organized in the AIVV by the PBKs.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun