Destruction Did Not Take Place in 1976

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
classic posts
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Supreme Spiritual Surgery
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I know many BKs and ex BKs and am interested in the reasons for people leaving after some time

Destruction Did Not Take Place in 1976

Post by classic posts »

Destruction Did Not Take Place in 1976 - posted by hanuman on December 11, 2004

I remember that time well. I was one year in Gyan. The transformation was scheduled to happen around January 18, 1977. The Divinization Conference was held after the Christmas of 1976. It was a grand affair for the Brahma Kumaris, and attracted lots of press in India. I attended the Bombay Conference and spent a week there with the yogis from Guyana. We then visited Mount Abu and spent a month there.

On January 18, 1977, everyone was biting their nails and awaiting an address by BapDada. BapDada descended and told everyone that there were still many souls in many parts of the world to be served Due to the unfinished business of world service, BapDada stated that the transformation could not take place as originally scheduled. Many were shocked and left the movement. BapDada advised all BKs that their efforts should not be based on destruction. He asked all BKs to focus on transformation and not destruction.

Around the time of the scheduled date of Destruction, many important global events took place in the camps of the Yadavs and Kauravs † Geo-political events which took place thirty years ago have currently placed the global village in a much more volatile situation, approaching a flash point.

Administrator inserted notes:

†”Yadavs and Kauravs” symbolically refers to the major Western and Eastern powers. Taken from the names of the opposing camps in the Mahabharat war.