Salon des Refusés

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Salon des Refusés

Post by fluffy bunny »

Its a funny young world but I was just sitting today reading through the posts as usual and I thought to myself, "I just refuse to live under Destruction any more". It was like a real turning point or enlightenment. Post after post, page after page of "Destruction ... Destruction ... Destruction ..." but I refuse to give it any power any more. It does not exist for me any more.

Anyway, that was all. Nothing deeper for just now. Tomorrow will be a new day.
"Salon des Refusés" is approximately French for “exhibition of rejections”. Originally, it was exhibition of works rejected by the jury of the most famous and official "Paris Salon" Art Exhibition under French Emperor. It is most famously used to refer to the Salon des Refusés of 1863 when over 3,000 works were rejected by the Salon jury.

The critics and the public generally ridiculed the refusés as it was full of the new and unconventional which included such famous paintings as Édouard Manet's 'Luncheon on the Grass' (Le déjeuner sur l’herbe) and James McNeill 'Whistler's Girl in White', other Impressionists and, later in 1917, the infamous Fountain' by R. Mutt (aka marcel Duchamp), artist. Works that went on to become the most influential amongst Modern Artists.
mr green
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Salon des Refusés

Post by mr green »

Well, big and important steps to mental clarity.