If Yagya allows ...

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
yogi108
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

If Yagya allows ...

Post by yogi108 »

I had a dream in the early hours of nectar ...

The Yagya recognised that it needs to open up the doors to ex-BKs ...
  • 1. They allow all of them to get Murlis posted to them on a weekly basis like old times
    2. If the ex-BK certifies himself to be pure then he can apply for going to meet BapDada in Madhuban
    3. He/she can go to any center to tie rakhi or attend programmes
My question is, if this dream comes true, how many are out there to accept it?

Yogi
mr green
ex-BK

Re: If Yagya allows ...

Post by mr green »

Why bother, I don't need anything from them.

I can see no more reason to visit a centre than I do to visit a mosque.

Sod them. Why would I want an intellectually blind representative from a corrupt secret cult to tie a bit of string on my wrist ... anyway, as I said before, I get my rakhi tied round my ***** ... much more meaningful :lol:.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Mr green, please! Less of your conjugal bliss. Some of us here are trying to have a deep and meaningful conversation here.
yogi108 wrote:The Yagya recognised that it needs to open up the doors to ex-BKs ...
If there is anything that I am uncomfortable with your vision, it is that there is a recognition of "ex-BKs" as a 'special needs group' or something at all. Elsewhere we are questioning just what this tag that has been stuck on us, "ex-BK", really means.

My tack is slightly different. I am not interested in any conditional agreement that recognises their seniority or intermediary position between the humans and the gods. For me, the Brahma-kumaris, Inc, have become separate from "The Yugya" by their actions and lost any rights to lord it over others. Fine, if they want to run their real estate their way ... let them. Just allow the rest of us, and any BKs, direct access to the knowledge.

Where there are issues with centers, it is twofold;
  • a) is more to do with assuring any BK who comes here would not be punished, condemned or prejudiced against. I know many that read but are afraid to post and most would be afraid to raise the issues we do at their own center.
    b) with regards the PBKs issue. The BKWSU can no longer pretend that no one knows that they have a poor cousin "chained up in the basement" * hidden away out of shame, and I hope that the BKs either work on that relationship, starting by speaking out honestly about what has been going on.
I think the Yagya needs to grow up a bit, stop messing with people's lives for its own financial benefit, recognise everyone that it has effected as equal in rights to freedom of information and stop treating them like babies needing suckled or punished ... but what else would you expect from some old ladies that never had kids and worked that out of their system? The "Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual Kindergarten" would be a better name for it.

The celibacy, and bottom washing, issue for Madhuban is fair though. Except the Brahma Kumaris are more than willing to chuck it and any other principle out of the window IF the person is famous enough. So, let's add that that they make rules and stick to them.

* "chained up in the basement" probably needs explaining as it wont translate culturally. It refers back to less civilised times in the West when "mad" or troublesome relatives were literally chained up out of sight for the embarrassment they would cause the family. I understand the same thing goes on in India even today. Many of the young people put into lunatic asylums in those days were not in any way mad at all. They were often the ones speaking the truth and talking out about hypocrisy or abuse in the family, sometimes it was just for financial reasons, e.g. unwanted or illegitimate children.
ermine
BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Despite of I am not regular followers I would like to express my entire support BKWSU and equally criticize them.

Post by ermine »

Dear brothers and sisters

I do not think that door is closed for ex-BKs. Everybody is free to go there, or to go to the Madhuban to meeting. I assume that someone tries to demonise or traduce BK.

Have you tried to do it, i do not believe in it. Bk is normal spiritual center as any others. Sorry maybe i am not confident, is there some one who got refusal.

Sorry again, see you soon.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

You are right, you are wrong. There are individuals that have been banned.

In some cases this is reasonable, e.g. if someone has a problem with drink or causes problems due to the vices. In other cases, human prejudices may have been involved, e.g. a center-in-charge personal dislike for someone.

In the case of the PBKs, it appears to be a little bit political. Anyone studying the "Advance Knowledge" seems to be barred automatically. It has even happened in the West, in Europe. In such a case, there does not seem to be any discussion or appeal. It is automatic. This is strange for me because, on the the other hand, they allow certain people to involve all sorts of ideas into Gyan and even run businesses off it ... but for PBKs to studying the Murli, it is seemingly an unforgivable sin.

I am not one of them but report to be what I know is true. I don't think ex-BKs really care what the BKWSU thinks or does, except where it hurts others. Personally, I am more for the rights of the ordinary BK. The BKWSU does not allow equal access to all BKs access to the Murlis, I think they should be open and in the public. I also think they should provide the original Murlis, not the edited down and changed ones.
yogi108
BK

Post by yogi108 »

Mr Green ...

I do not know about others Rakhi is an emotional thing for many folks and to say something like this is actually quite disturbing and to me it shows the amount of hatred you have for the BK organization ...

Yogi