Newcomers - where shall I start ?

bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Newcomers - where shall I start ?

Post by bansy »

To those who join this forum, there is much to go through at first, so it can be daunting. There is a much overlap in discussions because that seems to be the way with spirituality.

So an easy route would be to start of with the "poll" subforum; Click here.

Your votes in the various polls remains anonymous as it is embedded within the forum software. So you can let your lokik and alolik experiences get counted! At the same time you can get a feel about the expansiveness of this website and the audience within.

You can thereafter decide to join in the discussions by making your own posts, or setting up new threads.

However if you do miss the polls first time, your votes can still be done later on. It would be appreciated as it gives a better balance on the website as a whole and thus your representation counts.

Good luck and enjoy.
in the night
Not sure

polls

Post by in the night »

Thanks Bansy,

I just participated in one and you're right! It expands value to the forum ...
peter de
BK

Post by peter de »

It seems not logical to start with a poll. How can we answer questions about someting new and unknown like this site?

The first poll was OK but to know how impartial this site is asks for much experience because there are a lot of people on this site and impartiality will probably vary from much to none.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

peter de wrote:It seems not logical to start with a poll. How can we answer questions about someting new and unknown like this site?
I think bansy is suggesting to individuals that they start off by looking at the polls in order to get an idea of who uses this forum and what their level of experience is.

I appreciate that you are new to the forum but it has been going for sometime now and is based on the previous open forum called XBKChat.com which is archived elsewhere on the site.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Hi peter de

You raise a fair point, the poll is not the answer to it all. Some of the polls are harder ones but others are straightforward. It is the latter to go for. You can always return to the others having used the forum a little longer.

There is also the ability to make polls of your own once you get more accustomed to the website.

Welcome to the forum, the best way to get used to here is to post. It takes a bit of getting used to. Enjoy.
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Newcomers - where shall I start?

Post by abrahma kumar »

Thanks bansy. Having taken your advice I have found it a great suggestion.

Besides the Forum, the BrahmaKumaris.info website provides links at the foot of the page to: News and Articles > Murli Summaries > Encyclopedia > Links > xBKChat Archive.

Participating on the site via the Encyclopedia is just as rewarding as interacting on the forum.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

alladin
Friends and family of

welcome

Post by alladin »

Where to post here? I don't have easy access to pc these days, so I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to the new forum acquisitions. Love to all
bansy

Post by bansy »

Maybe this song belongs here.

Great song.

Dionne Warwick - heartbreaker.

There's even lyric subtitles so you can sing along.

I think this song is suitable for BKs, PBKs and ex-BKs alike.
peter de
BK

Post by peter de »

Hey Bansy,

I don't like this kind of music but it's intresting to post a love song here because the relationship with God and with Baba is more or less a relationship between the lover and the beloved. Do you feel that baba is a heartbreaker?

In today's Murli baba has said: "I liberate you from sorrow and make you happy. The Father's task is to make everyone happy." But maybe not everyone becomes happy after meeting Baba and live life in Gyan ...? I guess not (this site proves it) ...

Is it because we misunderstand what He says? Is it because of body-consciousness? The singer sings "How can I love you when you aren't around". That's body-consciousness. Spiritually speaking, there is no distance between me and you, between you and God. But because of our desire to do everything physically, we are disappointed in God. No? So, there is just one solution: be soul-conscious! That's what I try to do. Otherwise we'll be captured for ever in that Bhakti wailing and crying, a heart aging for love and never get it, always complaining and feeling treated not right ...

With LOVE, Peter
bansy

Post by bansy »

Hi Peter,

It is best to listen to the song/songs with the understanding or by trying to understand the the entire drama and the complete cycle the songs come into, which includes the start middle and end of the Confluence Age. God can break your heart but you will find it again. Is it that incredible. You may have many physical relationships over time but they will be temporary, if only for fun or for serious. But you can never get away from the one spiritual relationship.

I guess this depends if you believe you are a child of God.

If you think deeply about it, all songs (love songs that is) that appear physical (body conscious is the BK term) is about a spiritual relationship.

So when you are able to listen to a song and stay detached and appreciate it, and this also includes movies etc then you will appreciate a lot about what there is around you. Insecurities are created when you have temporary aims and not being able to keep promises to oneself. No-one else is disappointed or crying except the self.
But maybe not everyone becomes happy after meeting Baba and live life in Gyan...? I guess not (this site proves it)...
This site proves nothing like that. Don't be misinterpreted. There maybe folks who stumble but they ultimately find peace in another way. One must not take away the respect and dignity of someone who leaves the BKs. It is part of only one small step in that process. Similarly for the BK too. Life is a jigsaw and only you can solve your own puzzle. However, someone/thing made that puzzle for you. This site is simply a tool, or to borrow another member's recent method, is just another magnifying glass. This site would not be here if there was no BK.

(That last sentence, for the PBKs, you would not be here if there was no BK).
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

It also depends if BapDada has anything to do with any god ...