Dadi Janki does Disney Land at a $1895 Gig

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Dadi Janki does Disney Land at a $1895 Gig

Post by fluffy bunny »

Well, actually its $700 Dollar a night Disney Yacht Club and you can get a $200 discount if you book this month ... Florida? is not that down near Tampa and Miami?

The Power of Positive Change: a symphony of Change. September 16-19, 2007 Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Orlando, FL
Appreciative Inquiry Conference wrote:Closing Keynote: Barbara Frederickson and Dadi Janki,
The Scientist and the Yogi:

In this plenary, Barbara Frederickson, one of the top researchers and scientists in the field of positive psychology shares her latest work in the study, “What good are positive emotions in sustaining positive change?” She is the recipient of Positive Psychology’s top research prize for her breakthrough work. Implications that can change your life and lessons that are applicable to every organization, this session will be an amazing way to move toward closure in our conference. Following Barbara’s scientific presentation, Dadi Janki, a 91 year-old Yogi from India will reflect and comment on the new science of the positive and will connect this science to ancient wisdom. Dadi Janki is one of the to 'wisdom keepers' in the world, an eminent group of spiritual leaders invited by the U.N. to help advise leaders at several U.N. summits. She is co-administrative head of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University in India. Her words take our theories of the positive to deeper levels of life meaning, significance and value.
Barbara Frederickson

Dr. Fredrickson is the Kenan Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Principal Investigator of the Positive Emotions and Psychophysiology Lab at the University of North Carolina. She is a leading scholar within social psychology, affective science, and positive psychology. Her research centers on positive emotions and human flourishing and is supported by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health. Her research and her teaching have been recognized with numerous honors, including, the 2000 American Psychological Association's Templeton Prize in Positive Psychology. Her work is cited widely and she is regularly invited to give keynotes nationally and internationally. She lives in Chapel Hill with her husband and two sons.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Dadi Janki does £45 Quid Gig

Post by fluffy bunny »

OK, its a bit of a come down from Disney Land but another sign of the times 'paid for' gig.

This time £45 at the Central London Business School; What Doctors Don't Tell You. Janki should consider leaving Gyan and going professional. Her name and fame is obviously well established enough.

£45 Quid a ticket. What, say, 100 people (capacity is 370) ... that is £4,500 less an evening room hire of £900 (more than double an annual income in India). Nice enough earnings for an evening's work though you could get it for free, if you got up at 6 am to listen.

The only problem is, I cannot see them getting that big an audience if BKs have to pay to come in. Normally you can ensure half the punters will be white clad or BKs in mufti. I wonder if she gets to have a rider and a guest list like a pop star? Imagine, if the organizers got 300, off the back of the Daily Mail stories, that would be £13,500 or $25,942. The minimum wage in America is about $15,000. In India the mean annual household income is 34,551 rupees or $735. You've come a long way Dadi.
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

9.30 - 10.00 Questions from the audience.

Is this usual?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

john wrote:Is this usual?
Do you mean usual that folks get to ask questions or usual that she stays up that late?

I see BK Janki also got herself on the faculty of "The Great Rethinking". Momentous pilgrimages ... $2950 (double occupancy rate). More paid for gigs. May be this is where her bank balance comes from!?!
Dadi Janki, at 90 years old dedicates her life to the principles and practices of the Brahma Kumaris organization, sharing a vision of a world of peace, purity and passion to experience the essence of spiritual truths.
You see what I mentioned somewhere else about the New Age being a solid business with an established circuit. And here you have Janak along side all the first division players; Tom Robbins, Gabrielle Roth, Rupert Sheldrake, Vandana Shiva, Andrew Cohen, Ram Dass, Deepak Chopra, M.D.
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

ex-l wrote:Do you mean usual that folks get to ask questions or usual that she stays up that late?
I mean does she she usually have a Q&A session or is it just for these paid events. What's to stop anyone asking her about the missing Murlis?

If someone had a private interview with DJ would she answer honestly without tricks? How open would she be?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

john wrote:What's to stop anyone asking her about the missing Murlis? How open would she be?
Please do ... and get it on video! The Murlis ... the history ... the Shiva incident etc ... My guess is it will only start to unravel when it does come up in public.
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

Yeah, that's it. Get it on video!

Or if they are not allowed, a small discreet digital recorder (mp3 player, mobile phone).
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Dadis Q&A sessions are a farce John, always have been

At bk classes the questions are vetted beforehand and given to Dadi before the session. You would go to one of her cohorts and present the question.

But what she is famous for is just taking the questions then rammbling on in her usual style. Then she will look at the individual who asked and say, "did that answer your question?" implying there was something cryptic you should have picked up on. Invariably people are too embarrassed at this stage to say no!
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

john wrote: What's to stop anyone asking her about the missing Murlis?
If someone had a private interview with DJ would she answer honestly without tricks? How open would she be?
Oddly enough, I wrote a little cartoon satire years ago called, "The Mystery of the Missing Murli's" by E NOD LIGHTON. It never got finished, we'll see.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Whatever next ... Dadi does Dallas?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

I was speaking to a long-term and very pukka BK (over 20 years plus) and they were talking about Dadi Janki disappearing for a couple of days after some other Dadi died. I think it was Chandramani. The jist was they she (Janki) fell apart in loss and mourning.

I do remember the all emotions when Didi Manohar died. They went against all I thought we were doing/being/experiencing and, frankly, looking back I shoul have woken up them to certainly realities within the BKWSU which have since blossomed into absolute lovefest state funerals for each other ... amonst the Seniors anyway.

I wonder if anyone else can qualify and support this and point it out for two reasons;
  • firstly, the difference in relationships that are allowed amongst "The Special Ones" .. the old or original ones that are not let on about to new and aspirant BKs;

and secondly, to point out that the old bird might well be a good psychic channel for when the Holy Ghost choses to shine throught her but that apart from those times, she is not that much more different than the rest of us ... or changed by her 70 years (approximate) efforts.
Personally, I think it is good and pleasurable to cry now and again and feel feelings ... as long as it does not become a habit and used manipulatively! There are many sorts of tears including those of love and those inspired by beauty.
master creator
BK

Post by master creator »

ex-l wrote:I do remember the all emotions when Didi Manohar died.
I think you mean to say Didi Manmohini.