New Global Head of the Brahma Kumaris

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
vivaespana
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

New Global Head of the Brahma Kumaris

Post by vivaespana »

Hi everyone

You may be interested to read this press release;

Dadi Janki Becomes Brahma Kumaris Chief Today .

This should be quite interesting. I can see a lot of BKs disappearing especially in the Headquarters and the whole organisation going downhill. Should we say that this might now be the iron age of the Brahma Kumaris. As they say, everything has to go through its sato, rajo and tamo stage (pure, semi-pure and impure stages. Surely that doesn't exclude this organisation?

Regards
Vivaespana
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

I am sorry to be pedantic but
BKWSU wrote:Born in a religious family in Hyderabad Sindh in 1916, Dadi Janki from her childhood was deeply religious and philanthropic in nature. At her age of 14, deeply touched by the divine teachings of Pitashri Prajapita Brahma, Corporeal Founder of the Brahma Kumaris Institution, she joined the movement during its inception days in 1937.
Surely, if she was born in 1916, she would have been 14 in 1930!?! And, why is she joined in 1937 when she would have been 21 was she not listed in the Om Mandli membersdated July 1938?

And then ... despite earlier statements in the Murli Noticeboard of 9/6/2007 from the BKWSU London refuting the claim and clearly saying, "this was never said by any scientist", requesting other BKs not to persist repeating it ...
BK Karuna wrote:Her life long practice of spiritual knowledge and meditation has infused so much of mental power and inner strength in her that scientists of Texas University, USA after conducting several scientific tests had declared her to be the "Most Stable Mind in the World".
Its incredible ... but what it does is illustrate again that unspoken nature of the organization where each zone appears to be entirely autonomous from another ... and folks don't listen to each other! May be they just don't like "London" ... simple truth does not matter ... or is Global Chief of PR Karuna's a bit of a loose cannon?

Earlier we read that "The Family" had made decisions, now it is clearer that, "an unanimous decision taken by Managing Committee and Governing Board of the institution".
bansy

Post by bansy »

What is perturbing is the use of the word "Institution" in the announcement. The BKWSU is no longer a "World Spiritual University", and getting further from being a "Family". It is BKI, Brahma Kumaris Institution.

Cannot really blame them for the choice of terms used, as staying in the BKs one does feel "Institutionalised".
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Does it mention her leaving Gyan to have sex lust and have a baby?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

mr green wrote:Does it mention her leaving Gyan to have sex lust and have a baby?
Oh, I am absolutely sure she was forced to do it ... that is what they say ... and took no pleasure.
  • But has Dadi Janki ever spoken out about terrible rates of infanticide in India?
I mean, all it takes is a little too much salt in the kid's diet. It could almost be accidental.

I read one academic paper where it was shown that only a small minority of BKs thought that the BKs did enough practically to counter abuses to women and children. Too busy courting corporative executives, pop stars and bisexual druid priestess, I'd say.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

ex-l wrote:But has Dadi Janki ever spoken out about terrible rates of infanticide in India?

Too busy courting corporative executives, pop stars and bisexual druid priestess, I'd say.
The hilarious thing is, ex-l, after all the millions spent and all the b-list celebs they've courted ... who has become a mike for them? ... no one.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

mr green wrote:after all the millions spent and all the b-list celebs they've courted ...
And remember, that is millions of dollars earned by hard working common people, mostly from one of the poorest nations on earth, who are trying to live up to their professed standards ... oh, I suppose it does not matter because its all going finish in Destruction anyway.
tinydot
ex-BK

Post by tinydot »

ex-l wrote:And remember, that is millions of dollars earned by hard working common people, mostly from one of the poorest nations on earth, who are trying to live up to their professed standards ... oh, I suppose it does not matter because its all going finish in Destruction anyway.
That's what they say. But that's not the way they think and intend, looking at their by-laws which says the period of duration of BKWSO Corporation is "perpetual".
bkti-pit
BK

Post by bkti-pit »

ex-l wrote:It was shown that only a small minority of BKs thought that the BKs did enough practically to counter abuses to women and children.
I am one of those BKs who think they don't do enough ...

If they did care for normal people, stop chasing the celebs and, as it was said in today's Murli, concentrate in establishing peace in an incognito way, something good could happen.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

... and I would like to qualify that there is a distinct difference between behaving "incognito" and acting like a "secret service" or underground organization.
master creator
BK

Post by master creator »

Om Shanti,

Dear divine family,

Is anyone able to tell the true story of Dadi Janki. Heard a lot but was never sure about the full story. Heard she has a daughter who is currently in Indonesia.

IBY, *
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

master_creator wrote:Heard a lot but was never sure about the full story. Heard she has a daughter who is currently in Indonesia.
Only thing I know is she had a son who died? Is this common knowledge?
tinydot
ex-BK

Post by tinydot »

john wrote:Only thing I know is she had a son who died? Is this common knowledge?
Why did her child die? Any answer to this?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

master_creator wrote:Heard she has a daughter who is currently in Indonesia.
This would be a bombshell if it were true. What information or sources do you have?

The given story we are told is that she met Lekhraj Kirpalani and was inspired but then went off and was married, had a child, the child died, then she ran away and came back to Om Mandli. In previous posts in the history section, I have illustrated how the "official story" does not add up. They claim she was one of the original committee but it seems she was not. They say she joined in 1936, but there is no note of her membership in the 1937 list. There is a jumble of ages, dates and roles in the Yagya that contradict themselves. So we know SOMETHING is not quite right but not what.

I have also asked the terrible question, "how did the child die?". Infanticide is common in India. All it takes is a little bit too much salt in the food or for the child to be left etc. I have no grounds to suggest this is so ... but every avenue ought be explored. If it could possibly be true that a child lived on or there was another child ... that would be an earthquake and destroy her. Could I believe 'something' happened? Yes, I could. It would explain a lot. They always say she never got fully over her early years.

You must present your sources otherwise we will just be accused of publishing disinformation and it would discredit the rest of the solid research we have done.
  • Does anyone know the name of her husband and his family? They would be easy to trace.
master creator
BK

Post by master creator »

Dear brother,

I am really not sure of the daughter in Indonesia. I just heard it from another BK sister. I am not sure about the authenticity of the information.

IBY, *