Disquisition on Brahma Kumaris as a new religion

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
howiemac
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Brahmin soul, formerly with BKWSU, now independent

Post by howiemac »

I have a slightly different take on the symbolism of the Emperor's New Clothes in a BK context - pondering on this tale helped me, in my final BK days, to break free of their mental tyranny.

I saw Empress Janki, outfitted by the SS tailors (following their master craftsman, Lehkraj) in a natty twin set of "top number soul" and "most powerful brain in the world", with numerous equally imaginary accessories. The people were the BKs, fooled by the spinnings of the tailors into their mass hallucination. The adulation of the people convinces the Empress that she is what she is claimed to be, even though she cannot really see it herself. Only the innocent child (the non-BK, or the childlike yogi) can see through the deception. But of course, once the Empress is seen as naked, the game is over - meaning that there is light at the end of this tunnel of deception.

The Emperor's New Clothes is a good tale, and can clearly be applied on different levels to the BK deceptions :).
alladin
Friends and family of

mass hallucination of cult followers

Post by alladin »

thank you, Howie, nice one! Especially the "mass hallucination", you found the right words to describe that!! Do they put "trips" in the tolis? :wink: or magic mushrooms or peyote? Or do they trigger some innate capacity in us to "hallucinate"? So it becomes a "natural high" and the BKWSU cannot be accused of being a big international dope dealing organization?

I also was wondering about our stage of "searching", when we first believed and were caught in the honeymoon stage web. Searching means either that you are stumbling, like Baba says, so we were "lost" or that we had lost something. In the Newcomers, BKTit-Pit talks about "mis-adaptation" and this feeling of being a fish out of water in the Kaliyug present defective and sorrowful world. It was a common trait for many of us. Love + good vibes.